Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh for cry'n out loud....I'll start: WFM and THI
I expected this thread to get off to a roaring start....

When Kerim set this up I figured it would rapidly fill up a bunch of stocks that we would love to own IF they only paid a higher dividend. So here are two that I'm looking at:

Today my better half and I enjoyed a day off and despite the grid lock on a rainy day on Cape Cod we headed off to Whole Foods. Yes, I am not on YOUR vacation and still must shop :-)

Beautiful store, fantastic products. Cramer et al seem to down play WFM because "everyone is getting into Organic, like Walmart." Well Walmart "ain't" no WFM. Stock has taken a beating. Currently yielding 1.32%. 5 year dividend growth 35.68% (http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/WFM:US).

Seriously thinking of pulling the trigger.....
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
I bought a small position in WFM somewhere between 38 and 39, just on the logic that the falling share price will eventually bottom out against a growing business, and the price has fallen pretty far. Doesn't mean there's no more downside left, but if you want it, now may be the time.

Also, now is a relatively attractive entry point for UNFI. UNFI doesn't pay a dividend but it is the largest distributor of natural and organic foods (think warehouses and semi trucks, and exclusive contracts with suppliers). They are the main supplier to WFM and have accounts with some other retailers such as SWY. I think they have a 15% EPS CAGR over the last decade. The macro theme is, don't worry about picking a retailer, just buy the distributor.
(07-16-2014, 08:16 PM)earthtodan Wrote: I bought a small position in WFM somewhere between 38 and 39, just on the logic that the falling share price will eventually bottom out against a growing business, and the price has fallen pretty far. Doesn't mean there's no more downside left, but if you want it, now may be the time.

Also, now is a relatively attractive entry point for UNFI. UNFI doesn't pay a dividend but it is the largest distributor of natural and organic foods (think warehouses and semi trucks, and exclusive contracts with suppliers). They are the main supplier to WFM and have accounts with some other retailers such as SWY. I think they have a 15% EPS CAGR over the last decade. The macro theme is, don't worry about picking a retailer, just buy the distributor.

Thanks! I will check them out.
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
Ross Stores (ROST) has pulled back to fair value for the first time since 2012.

TJX is also getting close to fair value for the first time in a while.

Cummins (CMI) looks like a decent entry point.

Thor Industries (THO) is a bit more volatile but is also fairly valued.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
EZJ on LSE is worth a look at.
(07-16-2014, 08:16 PM)earthtodan Wrote: I bought a small position in WFM somewhere between 38 and 39, just on the logic that the falling share price will eventually bottom out against a growing business, and the price has fallen pretty far. Doesn't mean there's no more downside left, but if you want it, now may be the time.

Any opinion change on WFM? Have been looking at it lately
We'll see tomorrow after the close, when they report.
(11-04-2014, 03:45 PM)dexvd Wrote:

Any opinion change on WFM? Have been looking at it lately

The investment club I am in started a position in Whole Foods about a month ago. The stock has had a big pullback on some slowing growth but still isn't what I would call cheap. I think its a good company and could be a nice long term hold, but still may be dead money for a while until they can get some good earnings growth again.

Our plan was to buy a position now and possibly add again if there is another sell-off after earnings.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha