Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research & monitoring: where do you find the time?
(07-19-2014, 09:00 AM)cannew Wrote:
(07-19-2014, 03:49 AM)Robert_NL Wrote: So, now that earning season is fully ongoing, how do you guys process the information from your holdings? Do you read 10-Q's as their filled? Do you store financial information in a file?
With each quarter I record the Div Paid and the % increase (if any), the amount received, and the re-investments of the dividends when they occur.

If it was the end of the year I record the annual dividends, % Increase over previous year and the Average Increase over the years.

I would only do more if there was concern about the dividend or if the dividend did not increase for the year (that I did not expect).
So you do not monitor EPS, profit margins, ROE, debt and other fundamental ratio's and numbers?
(07-19-2014, 03:49 AM)Robert_NL Wrote: So you do not monitor EPS, profit margins, ROE, debt and other fundamental ratio's and numbers?

Once you've owned stocks of large stable companies for many years and they have paid and increased the dividend on a regular basis, what do I care about short term earnings reports? Their long term history of paying dividends during good & bad times is much more important.