Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Yield Low Growth vs Low Yield High Growth...
Based on the discussion in the 'Chowder Rule' thread, it would appear that it would be appropriate to have a method to discuss HYLG equities and port constructs separate from LYHG equities and port constructs. It appears reasonable to split out the 'Individual Dividend Growth Stocks' into one for HYLG and one for LYHG.

Thanks!
Yea!!!
Let me tinker with it when I have a few minutes. I think I might be able to create sub-forums with those topics inside the "Individual" stocks section. That would leave the main "Individual" stocks umbrella for discussing the many stocks that don't fall squarely in either the HYLG or LYHG buckets, like KO, JNJ, PG, etc. Would that work (if I am right about the functionality)?
Ok, I added some sub-forums. Let's test them and see if it works out!

Thanks for the ideas!
Negative Nancy warning: I think things are fine the way they are. I don't think this forum has enough liquidity yet to support more subdividing.
(07-05-2014, 07:17 PM)earthtodan Wrote: Negative Nancy warning: I think things are fine the way they are. I don't think this forum has enough liquidity yet to support more subdividing.

I actually tend to agree with you, Dan. More than the liquidity / dilution issue you mention, I think that there is a pretty serious continuum between HYLG and LYHG, and that most of the DG stocks that people are interested in don't actually fall into either of those buckets, so I worry that it will be confusing to decide what to discuss where.

Anyway, though, I wanted to be responsive to folks' interests, and don't mind experimenting.

I'd be happy for other opinions, and if there is strong consensus, I am happy to defer to it. If not, we'll just call it an experiment and decide which way was best after a time.

Thanks!
I agree with Dan. I'm not sure why this is needed.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I'm ambivalent about changes to the board but I am interested in hearing more from Alex, BHN and OK Red about the methodology and mindset needed to dabble in the HYLG arena. I suppose it would help to spend a few hours going through just one company and its history but not this summer.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Sorry to be AWOL. New job (50+ hours a week), cross country move, and purchasing a house, so I'm kind of bowed up. The new portfolio has been very interesting and as soon as things slow down a bit I'll share my experiences...
(08-30-2014, 08:29 PM)Ok Red Wrote: Sorry to be AWOL. New job (50+ hours a week), cross country move, and purchasing a house, so I'm kind of bowed up. The new portfolio has been very interesting and as soon as things slow down a bit I'll share my experiences...

No worries, Red -- hope the move goes smoothly. That's a whole lot of change all at once!
My sense is that we've given them a fair chance, but that the sub-forums have not sustained much interest. I'm going to pull them down and move the threads back into general population. If folks miss them, we can try again down the road.