EPS 4.48
P/E 10.87

T
34.50 per share
Div & yield 1.84(5.20%)
EPS 3.43
P/E 10.06
(T) is declaring quarterly divs!

Im digging both of these guys as a comm investment. Both their financials look ok IMO.

From VZ's yearly cash flow statement, they seem to be paying down some of their debt.

T looks to be doing the same.

Also they are the biggest monsters in the game. Sprint has a long way to go hopefully they jump on the div train!

what do you guys think? any of you pulling for one of these giants? if so which?

Im thinking of putting in on both!
I think both are great long term holds. I recently started a position in T. Will be looking to add VZ to my portfolio in the future.
I own both and have for a little while now. T has traded sideways for about a year while VZ has had some growth. I think mainly that was due to the VOD deal. I am hoping T is able to grow its EPS with the DirecTV deal here soon. I think both are good holds and if they can find a way to grow their 5yr DGRs, then I believe I will hold them forever. If not, I may look into selling them in about 5yrs and putting it into something that can grow faster. That's where Excel comes in handy with calculators and such.
I would concur with the implied advice here--buy both. If I buy Coke on a dip, I'll be looking for Pepsi. If I buy Microsoft, I buy apple. Some would argue that hurts diversification. For me, it means I'm investing in the big players in a sector, not one just one player in a sector. Its a hedge.

I have VZ and will snag T on a dip.

Ronn
Regarded Solutions had a good article on AT&T today that pretty much sums up my thoughts on why it's a good buy.

Retirement Strategy: Every Dividend Growth Investor Should Own AT&T Right Now
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I have each allocated to 2% of my portfolio. Because Telecom has historically been one of the poorer sectors to invest in, I limit it to those two stocks which total 4% for that sector. Love the yield however, a great way to boost your current income.
I own both. Bought T first a couple or three years back and added VZ earlier this year, kind of as a hedge like Ronn38 says. Am dripping both.
not a bad idea I made a move on T looking to pick up some VZ soon. hold on to those beasts for some time.
Buy both-diversify a little.

Nearly identical charts and results at FastGraphs (which I can't recommend enough).
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
I really need to buy some VZ. I only have T in my portfolio, though it's been a reliable generator of wealth for the short amount of time I've been investing.

James Earl Jones would be very disappointed by my investment decisions.