Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Everything You Buy At The Grocery Store Is Made By One Of These 6 Cos
Originally on Business Insider, Yahoo has picked featured this story. Interesting reading. Comments were hilarious.

Read it here. The graphics were too big to cut & paste.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Great link, thanks!

Maybe I am naive, but I truly am baffled at the sinister spin they put on that. There are economies of scale with consumer staples and it makes sense to me that it would evolve to the structure that we have today, and I do not see the societal danger in it. You don't have to buy that stuff, and there are plenty of niche, healthy options available. More than anything, that info-graphic looks like a compelling investment guide rather than a call to arms against our food manufacturing oppressors.

Now you might have a compelling argument about over consolidated media companies, but I'm not seeing the danger here.
Agreed, Tom.

(06-03-2014, 08:18 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Originally on Business Insider, Yahoo has picked featured this story.

Now I'm beginning to sound like our SPAM thread here. Confused
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(06-03-2014, 01:26 PM)TomK Wrote: More than anything, that info-graphic looks like a compelling investment guide

+1 Exclamation
(06-03-2014, 05:30 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 01:26 PM)TomK Wrote: More than anything, that info-graphic looks like a compelling investment guide

+1 Exclamation

That's exactly what I was thinking, Kerim. Though they intended to paint these companies as big, evil corporations with too much control of our food, I couldn't help thinking to myself how much I like owning these companies, and this infographic only reinforced my thinking.