Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TGT Anxiety and the Future of Retail
(01-15-2015, 09:09 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Wow! Im not surprised. Nobody liked Target here in Canada. When they came in, Canadians were excited thinking that we would see US-style pricing, which was no where to by found.

R2R, can you expound upon this? Did you expect rock-bottom pricing just because it was TGT? I'm also not familiar with the corporate tax situation in Canada vs. the US. I wouldn't think there would be a difference in GST/HST either. I'm really baffled.

When I used to visit TO & MTL a lot, I used to peruse the shopping mecca's just to see new-to-me product lines and didn't see merchandising too out of whack with what I see locally. Maybe I was distracted by the French-Canadian women ( Heart oooh-la-la ) strolling down Rue St. Catherine in the warmer weather. Cool

Of course, we also don't have a Timmie's or Canadian Tire on every corner either. Big Grin
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
TGT Anxiety and the Future of Retail - by Kerim - 05-21-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: TGT Anxiety and the Future of Retail - by Dividend Watcher - 05-20-2015, 09:53 PM