Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TGT Anxiety and the Future of Retail
This topic is very interesting for me. I've been looking to purchase WMT for a while now, and as they presented results their price dropped a little last week and so hit my target price.

The problem is, no matter how much I read, I couldn't fix this lack of faith in retail that you seem to be experiencing as well. Although after looking deeply into retailers, of all of them, WMT is the one who is getting properly ready for the e-commerce revolution and they have been seeing 30% Y-o-y growth on their E-commerce revenues. Meanwhile the competition is nowhere near close (Target) in terms of online capabilities. So, from my perspective, I wouldn't invest in TGT, even considering their track record. For me, the only valid player in this space at the moment is WMT.

The reason why I couldn't pull the trigger on WMT is that I saw SO MUCH negative feedback on the web about the way WMT treats employees and costumers and how they neglect stores and sell poor quality merchandise. I do not live in the US and so I never shopped at WMT, can any of you explain to me what is the situation of WMT in the US from the perspective of an investor? After seeing so much online hate, I could see people stopping buying groceries there just because it's now trendy to hate WMT. Is this the case?
My blog with what I consider the best dividend stocks

Messages In This Thread
TGT Anxiety and the Future of Retail - by Kerim - 05-21-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: TGT Anxiety and the Future of Retail - by dividendventure - 05-27-2014, 03:20 AM