Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Canada
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and a dividend investor from Canada in my late 20's. Although I started investing in 2010, I did not start really start up a dividend investing strategy until 2012. After reading numerous dividend blogs and websites over the last few years, I have learned a lot from this strategy.

The goal of financial independence from dividends is quite inspiring and something that I am committed to achieving. I have not set a defined goal for this but have a lot of time on my side. Recently, I have begun to start reinvesting my dividends, so it will be interesting to see the magic of compounding as the years go by. At this time, the dividends that I do receive can pay for a lot of my monthly expenses, and can save more of my employment income towards dividend stocks.
Hi wsim, and welcome to the forum!
Welcome, nice to have another Cdn visiting the site. Fantastic that you've started your retirement planning so young. If you've read any articles, books or even some of the threads here, you probably heard that the sooner you start saving for retirement the better chance you have of achieving your goal and with less than by starting later.
Welcome, wsim. Nice to have another Canadian member.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I second the congrats on starting so young. It will give you a huge advantage. Welcome to the forum!