Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-dividend, non-growth stocks?
This is a good point, aagha. I’ve been wrestling with a similar thought. One approach would be simply to create a section for “other” stocks and strategies. Alternatively, I could rename the “Individual Dividend Growth Stocks” section to be something more generic like “Individual Stocks.” There are only 8 threads in there now, and several of them already are about stocks that are not dividend growers OR high dividend payers.

I’d love to hear other ideas, but between those two ideas, I think I lean a bit towards the second – at least until we have more activity and more threads to categorize. It seems confusing to have separate areas, especially where in some cases people might disagree about whether a stock makes the cut as a “dividend growth” stock in the first place.

For now, don’t sweat it too much -- if you want to discuss any individual stock (DG or otherwise), put it in the “individual” section, and if you want to discuss investing strategy generally, even if not DG, put it in the “DG Investing” bucket. (High dividend stocks are close enough, andyway!)

(Also note some posts I added about NLY here and here.)

Messages In This Thread
High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by aagha - 03-27-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by Kerim - 03-27-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by cannew - 09-22-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by EricL - 09-22-2013, 10:49 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by Ok Red - 09-25-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by Kerim - 09-26-2013, 09:39 PM