Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winston's DG Portfolio
Hi all,

I am new to this forum but thought I share my dividend growth portfolio and seek potential thoughts/feedback. For the record, I am based in Canada and have a mix of mostly US and Canadian dividend stocks with a few International ADRs as well. I had started investing in 2008 and only began to invest in dividend stocks starting in 2010-2011. Currently, this portfolio yields approximately $6,000 in annual dividend income (portfolio weightings included):

Canadian Dividend Stocks

T - Telus Corporation 8.96%
SLF - Sun Life Financial Inc. 2.82%
REI.UN - RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust 3.14%
COS - Canadian Oil Sands 3.40%
EMA - Emera Inc. 5.98%
BPF.UN - Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund 3.50%
BMO - Bank of Montreal 4.37%
ARX - ARC Resources Ltd. 5.59%
IPL - Inter Pipeline Ltd. 5.44%
PWT - Penn West Petroleum Ltd. 1.20%
HR.UN - H&R Real Estate Investment Trust 2.98%

U.S. Dividend Stocks

V - Visa Inc. 5.19%
HI - Hillenbrand Inc. 5.79%
PM - Philip Morris International Inc. 5.97%
MO - Altria Group Inc. 3.81%
AAPL - Apple Inc. 3.39%
MA - Mastercard Inc. 4.69%
KO - Coca-Cola 3.90%
GE - General Electric 3.22%
VZ - Verizon Communications Inc. 1.56%
YHOO - Yahoo Inc. 4.68% (Not a dividend stock, but has so far had significant capital appreciation since I first bought it in Oct 2012)

International ADRs

VOD - Vodafone Group Plc (ADR) 2.60%
UL - Unilever Plc (ADR) 3.78%
RDS.B - Royal Dutch Shell B (ADR) 4.06%

For a period of time, I used to hold INTC shares in my portfolio but had recently sold it off as they had no dividend increases for almost 2 years. With the proceeds, I am intending on purchasing another tech dividend stock such as Cisco Systems or would consider a dividend stock in another sector. I do not have any exposure to healthcare or pharmaceuticals so this is an area that I am keeping an eye on in the future for buying opportunities.
Welcome, Winston.

That looks like an interesting portfolio.

I know nothing about your Canadian holdings other than Telus and BMO which are both in my wife's portfolio. You seem to have a nice mix except for your admission of no healthcare.

Since we don't know anything about you nor your goals, why don't you tell us about your self in the 'Introductions' section.

Welcome aboard and looking forward to more comments from you.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I agree with DW. On the face of it that looks like a good collection of names, though I also am not familiar with too many of those on the Canadian portion of your list. ("Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund" is certainly an intriguing name, though!)

Glad to have you here on the forum -- hope you stick around and join the conversations!