Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My portfolio
Nice purchase!

I've been meaning to ask about your experience with Lending Club. I've been tempted to try that out for a long time, but have never explored too deeply. How long have you been doing it? Did you select individual borrowers, or just click on one of their packages? Do you feel comfortable and confident, or uneasy -- in other words do you worry about that money?

Thanks.
Thanks! This is my first purchase in the Roth IRA.

I have had pretty good experiences with LendingClub, thus far. I choose my own loans because I want to have control over the risk profiles. For instance, I choose to give money to borrowers depending on the type of loan, where they live, how long they've held their job, whether they rent or own their house, how much their monthly payments will be of their take-home pay, etc.

I've been using LC for about 3 years, have 50 total loans and 2 of them have been paid in full. I don't qualify anyways for the automatic investing, or even the Roth IRA (without paying fees). I mostly feel comfortable about having the money invested because I don't take a whole lot of risk by investing in wild graded loans - the majority of the loans are graded B and C, with a few As and Ds.
Hi again, a lot has been happening over the past year. My fiancee and I got married in September, I was working 60-80 hour work weeks for a couple months, my wife hurting her knee putting her out of work for a few months...

As far as the portfolio goes, only a few things changed.
I - got rid of ARCP after the accounting fiasco last year
- purchased a half-position in RDS.B a month ago at $65
- sold all available shares of my company's stock to limit risk, but I'm still making the maximum monthly contribution. This cash went towards Roth IRA contributions and some debt.

Here's an update of my portfolio as of 4/27/15

Stock Ticker -- % of Portfolio
DVY -- 25.34
ESPP company stock -- 23.01
KMI -- 16.76
IJT -- 12.50
Lending Club -- 9.00
RDS.B -- 5.18
UL -- 2.09
MCD -- 1.62
KO -- 1.20
K -- 1.18
TGT -- 1.11
WMT -- 1.00

Drop by drop.
Nice to see you back and congratulations! It has been a whirlwind year for you it seems. Hope your bride has fully recovered.

Looks like you've added a little to the portfolio. What's your impression of Loyal3 if you're still using it?
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Hey WRX! Congrats on the wedding! Did all of that work preclude a good honeymoon?

Portfolio looks good. Personally, I always segregate my DG portfolio from my other investments (mutual funds and the such). I do have a spreadsheet where I track them all together, just to keep an eye on my overall allocations. But when I talk here about "my portfolio" I am referring only to the individual company shares I've assembled. I may put some more thought into that though...
@DW - She's all better, thank you. She went through 3-4 months of physical therapy and is now cleared to go back to work and the gym. Also, she was able to get a job that isn't as physically demanding and that has steady income so that's helpful. Now I'm just curious what the medical bills are going to look like.
- I'm still liking Loyal3. I appreciate that they allow small investments, but a trade off is that I don't receive the exact price that I make a purchase at, due to their batch trade system. However, they've been adding some functionality to the website that I appreciate, such as being able to easily view each holding's performance. Once Robinhood opens to Android or desktop users, I'll use them for the rest of my potential holdings.

@Kerim - Thank you! Most of the long hours at work came before the wedding and honeymoon, but *luckily* we got her under my health insurance plan 2 weeks prior to the knee injury.
- The DVY, IJT, and company stock are still short-term holdings that I've been going back and forth on their usage going forward, but the thought so far is to include the proceeds in this portfolio. I should sell IJT (a small-cap index ETF) in the near future since I am up almost 10% on it, and it does not meet any acceptable criteria for a dividend stock portfolio. I prefer your idea of what the portfolio listing should include, so I'll include only the long-term holdings from now on. Smile