Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi!
Hey folks,

I just found your forum yesterday, and am excited to hopefully become a contributing member.

Though I've spent the first 5 years of my career being an index investor, I've seen the light of dividend investing and am looking forward to growing and succeeding with you all.
Welcome WRXodus! MANY of us started as devout indexers. Fortunately, the transition is pretty painless, and you can do it incrementally. Glad to have you here!
Welcome WRXodus. Glad you found us. Nice to have another person join in.

I'm assuming you've only been investing for 5 years by the tone of your post. That's good, we don't have as many bad habits to break. Angel

(04-30-2014, 04:21 PM)Kerim Wrote: MANY of us started as devout indexers.

Not me. I got seduced by the growth stock glitz. I was gonna be rich. Undecided Something happened along the way but that was 30 years later. I was too stupid to take the hint from the dotcom bust. Lots of smart people here. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(04-30-2014, 04:21 PM)Kerim Wrote: MANY of us started as devout indexers.

Hah I'm relieved to know I'm not alone!

(04-30-2014, 05:47 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: I'm assuming you've only been investing for 5 years by the tone of your post. That's good, we don't have as many bad habits to break. Angel

I edited my OP a few times and had that clarification in there at one point, oops. I turned 27 yesterday and have been in my field for just over 5 years, but I've been passionate about investing since I was 18...now if only I held on to my AAPL shares from $90! D'oh!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.
Welcome to the forum WRXodus!
Thanks, Tom!
Welcome WRXodus, glad to have you aboard!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Thanks Eric!
Ah, a Subaru fan I see!
(05-01-2014, 06:57 PM)Kerim Wrote: Ah, a Subaru fan I see!

After I get my boyz through college ( in next 2 weeks) and get the wifes car paid off end of year im lookin at the Imprezza.
Get out of this gas guzzlin Pathfinder.
Jim
(05-01-2014, 06:57 PM)Kerim Wrote: Ah, a Subaru fan I see!

Yessir! My first car was a 2010 Impreza 2.5i (base model) but then traded it in for my current 2008 Impreza WRX STi. I love the AWD, boxer engine, and the safety ratings. Since I drive ~120 miles a day, the AWD and safety features make me feel safe®.

(05-01-2014, 10:33 PM)Jimbo Wrote: im lookin at the Imprezza.
Jim

Have you thought about which model you want? Since I take it that you want something more gas efficient, the 2.5i can probably get ~25-35mpg while the WRX and WRX STi can get ~17-25
I drive a Legacy myself (middle-aged family man!), and have loved every mile of it. It is a 2005, and is showing its age. I've been thinking about a new one, but I really don't like the body style of the 2010-2014 era. They are doing a complete redesign for 2015, and the pictures look pretty cool. When they hit the dealerships, I'm looking forward to a test drive. Will probably opt for the 3.6 this time around -- not a fan of the new CVT.