Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockheed Martin (LMT)
(02-28-2015, 03:50 PM)rapidacid Wrote: I've got a projected EPS bump of 9%

Is that your own estimate, or can you share source? The company's 2015 guidance issued with Q4 2014 earnings was for a more or less flat to slightly down 2015.
It's been an amazing ride. I never thought it would perform so well even though I was drooling over that dividend at the time you mentioned, Kerim. For some reason, I put LMT in my mother-in-law's portfolio and RTN in mine. Was going to add it to the wife's portfolio but every time we had the cash available it took another leap and I thought I'd wait for the next dip. Lesson learned.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(02-28-2015, 05:07 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(02-28-2015, 03:50 PM)rapidacid Wrote: I've got a projected EPS bump of 9%

Is that your own estimate, or can you share source? The company's 2015 guidance issued with Q4 2014 earnings was for a more or less flat to slightly down 2015.

I use Stock Rover mostly, which gets their data from Morningstar.

[Image: 5Dlwi7Q.png]

http://quotes.morningstar.com/stock/lmt/s?t=lmt

Current price $200.05 and a fwd P/E of 16.1 = $12.43 EST EPS vs current EPS of $11.41 = 9% bump ...

I'm not married to those numbers, but its when I use when evaluating stuff
Another well run defence industry company with enough connections on the inside to make sure they always get the huge contracts awarded to them. I'm riding on RTN instead but any of the huge defence contractors is a pretty good choice in my opinion, even at today's high prices.
Dusting off this thread to say how pleased I am about LMT's healthy 10 percent raise. Yes, the payout ratio is creeping up as a result, but I'm taking it as a vote of confidence in future earnings. Despite the F-35 debacle, it seems like the government is just going to keep on buying LMT's wares.

Aside from the shares I picked up during the Great Recession (especially MO), LMT is shaping up to be one of the better buys I've made so far. Picked up most of my shares during the sequester scare in late 2012.
(09-23-2016, 02:07 PM)Kerim Wrote: Aside from the shares I picked up during the Great Recession (especially MO), LMT is shaping up to be one of the better buys I've made so far. Picked up most of my shares during the sequester scare in late 2012.

Great move.  I picked up NOC many years ago, and added GD about two years ago.  Those defense stocks (not to be confused with defensive stocks) are buying back shares so quickly.  I think NOC has bought back 10% of it's shares over the past few quarters.
(09-23-2016, 04:41 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 02:07 PM)Kerim Wrote: Aside from the shares I picked up during the Great Recession (especially MO), LMT is shaping up to be one of the better buys I've made so far. Picked up most of my shares during the sequester scare in late 2012.

Great move.  I picked up NOC many years ago, and added GD about two years ago.  Those defense stocks (not to be confused with defensive stocks) are buying back shares so quickly.  I think NOC has bought back 10% of it's shares over the past few quarters.

I noted the same thing about LMT. They had 393 million shares outstanding in 2008, and it was down to 303 million in 2016. That's almost a quarter of the shares in 8 years!
(09-24-2016, 08:02 AM)Kerim Wrote: I noted the same thing about LMT. They had 393 million shares outstanding in 2008, and it was down to 303 million in 2016. That's almost a quarter of the shares in 8 years!

I don't have the full version of ycharts and I can't be arsed to dig into the quarterly reports for the 2008 numbers but those numbers are so close to RTNs that it's scary. They are down to 295 million from 374 million in the Summer of 2010. Though the speed of repurchases seems to be slowing down which is completely understandable with the recent jump in share prices.