Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit card fraud
I have my credit card alerts with Chase set up to send me an email every time there is a charge on line, or out of the country, or for more than $500. This morning there was a small charge to BLS*WEBLEARN for $10.79 which I suspected that we did not make. Called and through fraud customer support canceled the card and the charge. Just did a google for BLS*WEBLEARN and found that this is a common scam that has hit many other card holders.

Now to update all of those automatic draft payments!

I really like the email alerts as it makes managing and monitoring my credit card activity very easy. I would recommend that anyone set up these alerts to help in early detection of these kinds of charges. Without such, it is so easy to over look a small charge, one that doesn't have a readily identifiable name.
Alex
I wonder if it would be a good idea for credit card companies to just send you a new card with a new number every 3 months. It could be an opt-in system so you can still have a card on file with Amazon, etc. That way all the credit card info that was stolen from Target would be irrelevant 3 months later.
Not a bad idea ( the alerts) though I am the type that keeps an eye on my cards online several times a month and match up each charge to the statement at months end.
I know, I need a life.

Jimbo
Alerts are a great idea. I have an alert for every purchase made on all of my cards.

I had a suspicious charge a few years ago and immediately had a new card sent. I know others who have had several suspicious charges. Fortunately the credit card companies seem to be really good with fraud protection in the sense that if you didn't make the charge, you don't pay for it.