Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated Portfolio
Bored, so here is my updated stock portfolio. It is now 11.04% of my total investment portfolio.

American Water Works Company Inc
Anheuser Busch Inbev SA (ADR)
Chemical Financial Corporation
California Water Service Group
The Walt Disney Company
Emerson Electric Co.
General Mills, Inc.
Hershey Co
Intel Corporation
Kellogg Company
The Coca-Cola Company
McDonald's Corporation
Microsoft Corporation
Nike Inc
Northwest Natural Gas Co
PepsiCo, Inc.
The Procter & Gamble Company
Integrys Energy Group, Inc.
Tompkins Financial Corporation
Unilever plc (ADR)
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Exxon Mobil Corporation
The York Water Company
Yum! Brands, Inc.
If you don't mind me asking, what other types of investments hold the remaining 89%?
Really, unless all of those are single stocks, that is one heck of a investment portfolio.

No I wouldnt be doggin them, Jealous, yea.

Good for them.

Jimbo
Ditto on CritMass's comment.

I noticed you have 3 water companies. I have to admit my ignorance of them. I've never really looked too closely at them because wherever I've lived or been stationed, water was a municipality function so have never seen the dynamics in them. I know that in some areas, good water is slowly becoming an issue but it seems to me the advantages, much as paperless offices, always seems to be a promise but never reality.

What's your take on them?
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Also interested in your take on the water companies. The only water company that I've followed is WTR. Came close a few times to purchasing it, but could never pull the trigger.
The rest of my portfolio is ETFs and closed-end funds.

Those stock positions are super small. For example I own less than 3 shares of Integrys, less than 2 shares of Pepsico, etc. My portfolio in general is extremely small compared to most on here.

As for the water companies, I just bought them because they have strong track records of paying dividends for many years and their DRIP programs had no fees. The exception is California Water Service Group which charges 1 penny for a $25 investment.

With my limited funds I try to find ways to invest with little to no commissions. This allows me to dollar cost average most of my positions.

If I had more money I'd probably invest differently, maybe branch out and buy stocks in $1000-$2000 increments like most people do.
(04-09-2014, 09:56 PM)Dexter Wrote: With my limited funds I try to find ways to invest with little to no commissions. This allows me to dollar cost average most of my positions.

If I had more money I'd probably invest differently, maybe branch out and buy stocks in $1000-$2000 increments like most people do.

Don't be sad about not "being loaded". I ain't.

From what you have listed above, I thought your portfolio was awesome. Why don't you keep adding a little at a time to what you already have? You'd be surprised how quickly that will start adding up -- especially when you reinvest the dividends.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Yup, reinvesting all dividends and adding a little a time. Slowly but surely!

Thanks for the supportSmile