Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you find your stocks?
Filters?
Word of mouth?
Seeking Alpha?
Message boards?

With thousands of possible investment choices, how do you filter through it all?
Two of my favorite resources.

Download the Dividend Champions spreadsheet here.

Check out historical dividend increase information here.
There are some excellent authors over at SeekingAlpha.

Chuck Carnevale
David Crosetti
David Van Knapp
Norman Tweed
Bob Johnson
Bob Wells
David Fish (keeper of the CCC Spreadsheet)
And a character who goes by "Chowder"Big Grin

All are well grounded dividend growth investors. Track their blogs, articles, and portfolios. You will be rewarded with an excellent education free of charge.

Be careful too, there are some whack jobs over at that site as well :-O (Sorry, can't believe I just typed that. Angel )

I also merged the CCC Champions, Dividend Aristocrats and Dividend Achievers (eliminating duplicates) using this site:

BuyUpside

That should get you started....

Cheers!

Rob[/i]
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
All mentioned except word of mouth. Nobody I know personally invests in dividend growth stocks. Then I start with the CCC list for my research. If it doesn't look right there, I move on.

Speaking of Mr. Fish's list, the new issue will be out tomorrow night. Yeah!
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(03-31-2014, 01:10 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: All mentioned except word of mouth. Nobody I know personally invests in dividend growth stocks. Then I start with the CCC list for my research. If it doesn't look right there, I move on.

Speaking of Mr. Fish's list, the new issue will be out tomorrow night. Yeah!
Word of mouth can only have some impact if it comes from here. ;-)
But not a good thing otherwise.
Jim
Everywhere: screens, various articles, stock board threads, television advertisements, conversation with friends, Bloomberg, superlative lists, sector lists and other lists of companies comprising various asset classes..... Always looking, always evaluating!
Alex
This list could be an interesting starting point for DD. Pulled it from an article by Chris Ciaccia published by The Street.

[Image: top50cashrichcompanies331.jpg]
Alex
I personally do not know anyone who invests in stocks, much less dividend growth stocks. I am on my own outside of the Internet world.

My broker, Wells Fargo, publishes extensive research in areas that interest me, including MLPs, REITs, and BDCs. I also get S&P research through Wells Fargo. Along with this research, my most important source of information is Seeking Alpha. In addition to the Seeking Alpha authors mentioned above, I use:

BDC Buzz
Philip Trinder
Brad Thomas
Ron Hiram
Dividend Growth Investor
Dividends4Life
Tim McAleenan Jr.
Reel Ken
Bret Jensen
Alan Brochstein
Dane Bowler
Factiods