Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selective Dividend Reinvesting vs DRIP
There's a list of foreign tax withholdings and tax treaties on SA. It's a few years old so don't quote me on any of it. http://seekingalpha.com/article/248039-w...-dividends

I own BNS. You can reclaim the 15% Canadian withholding tax as a credit with the IRS. It's the same amount as US capital gains, and I actually kind of like it because it works like an automatic withholding plan. Your brokerage account receives only what you will get to keep, and at the end of the year the capital gains tax and the foreign withholding credit cancel each other out.

I have VE on my watch list, and I own SNY which is another French company. Note that France charges you a .02% (or something like that) transaction fee when you make a purchase, which your broker withdraws, but it's insignificant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Selective Dividend Reinvesting vs DRIP - by Be Here Now - 03-29-2014, 06:36 PM
RE: Selective Dividend Reinvesting vs DRIP - by earthtodan - 03-31-2014, 09:09 AM
RE: Selective Dividend Reinvesting vs DRIP - by Be Here Now - 04-06-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Selective Dividend Reinvesting vs DRIP - by Be Here Now - 04-07-2014, 11:08 AM