Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAX
In my morning routine, I found this about Baxter International:

Baxter International Inc. is splitting itself into two separate businesses — one focusing on biopharmaceuticals and the other on other medical products.

The biopharmaceuticals business includes treatments for hemophilia and other bleeding disorders and blood plasma therapies used to treat immune deficiencies and other problems. It had 2013 revenue of about $6 billion. The business will receive a name at a later date.

The medical products business includes a portfolio of intravenous solutions and nutritional therapies, drug delivery systems, anesthetics and surgery products. It had 2013 revenue of more than $9 billion. This business will keep the Baxter International name.

The separation is expected to be complete by mid-2015.

Pre-market move is up large. Could be good or bad -- will have to see the details -- but it will get exciting. Can't wait to read management's explanation and get more details. Hope it works out as well as it did for COP and ABT. Big Grin

Holding it in both my and my wife's portfolios.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I think this is great news! Just wish I had more shares.
BAX is another company on my watchlist. Last year, I missed out and passed on a golden opportunity when it had fallen to $65 level...and regretted it later.

Now with the ongoing correction, its close back to $65 level....and I am tempted. What are your thoughts at the current price?
Overweight in both portfolios and not trimming. I came through the ABT/ABBV split very well and this may do the same. I still don't have enough details to make an intelligent decision. In the meantime .... drip, drip, drip.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan