Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entry Criteria: Current Dividend Yield and Dividend Growth Rate
My goal is to build a very diversified portfolio, and I would like to be able to never sell any of my stocks.

I want to be able to pass on them to my children and put them within a trust to protect them for hopefully generations.

I will buy over time at least the top two of many industries to cover against future competition, and moat establishment.

Two examples are:

Waste management companies, so the big two are Waste Management (NYSE:WM), and Republic Services (NYSE:RSG). But I like to have an eye on new players too, so I have looked over Clean Harbors (NYSE:CLH), which currently doesn't offer a dividend, but over time should establish one, and if not may be liquidated to fund a future investment.

Funeral service companies, this is with the two big names Service Corp International (SCI) and Stonemor Partners (STON), again for a smaller company play there is Carriage Services Inc. (CSV).

Another group that I have just started looking into, and have yet to buy any are insurance companies. But two I am looking at are HCI since I live in Florida and Validus (VR).

As a bonus odd ball kind of stock that I love to bring up to people is Corrections Corporation of America (CXW) a prison company that most people find hilarious that you can buy into it.
(03-26-2014, 08:09 AM)Markrichard Wrote: Have anyone from you tried Brazilian and Taiwanese dividend paying stocks? I was shocked to see the dividend yield these stocks were offering. Average dividend yield these stocks were offering was far ahead that I got within FTSE Stocks.Highest dividend Yield was from CEMIG with div yield of 30.28.

I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole. Different accounting standards and its hard to keep up on news with some stocks like that.

I was burned with some Chinese stocks a few years ago and learned my lesson. There are thousands of good companies to buy on American exchanges, I don't see any reason to venture overseas to try to make an extra buck.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.