Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPS
Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS) is one of my largest holdings, and I've had it for many years.  This morning they reported earnings, but gave "weak" guidance for 2016, although it was still positive growth and I didn't view it as weak.  Just wondering if anyone had thoughts.  Bought back 3% of outstanding shares, margins expanded, lots of growth across the board.  I still feel great about DPS and will continue to DRIP as I have for many years.

Dr Pepper Snapple (NYSE:DPS): Q4 EPS of $1.00 beats by $0.02.
Revenue of $1.55B (+2.6% Y/Y) beats by $20M.

FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: ~+1%; Core EPS: $4.20 to $4.30; Core tax rate: ~35.5%; Capex: ~3% of net sales.

http://seekingalpha.com/pr/16209956-dr-pepper-snapple-group-reports-fourth-quarter-full-year-2015-results
(02-17-2016, 10:07 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS) is one of my largest holdings, and I've had it for many years.  This morning they reported earnings, but gave "weak" guidance for 2016, although it was still positive growth and I didn't view it as weak.  Just wondering if anyone had thoughts.  Bought back 3% of outstanding shares, margins expanded, lots of growth across the board.  I still feel great about DPS and will continue to DRIP as I have for many years.

FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: ~+1%; Core EPS: $4.20 to $4.30; Core tax rate: ~35.5%; Capex: ~3% of net sales.

http://seekingalpha.com/pr/16209956-dr-pepper-snapple-group-reports-fourth-quarter-full-year-2015-results
DPS is a great company and one of those that will work for 2016-2017 with the turmoil in the market and slowdown. I have it on my buy list of we should get to $88. In the last month I have bought JNJ, PEP, KR, RAI, MMM and SYY which are all my largest holdings. You see a pattern here LOL. The other stocks I bought were AXP, DIS, CMI and XON because they were of great value and pay a nice dividend. GL with DPS
(02-17-2016, 10:07 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS) is one of my largest holdings, and I've had it for many years.  This morning they reported earnings, but gave "weak" guidance for 2016, although it was still positive growth and I didn't view it as weak.  Just wondering if anyone had thoughts.  Bought back 3% of outstanding shares, margins expanded, lots of growth across the board.  I still feel great about DPS and will continue to DRIP as I have for many years.

When I saw the price at $88 this morning I almost bought some. I was wanting the market to drop as the day went on and drag DPS to $86 or $87. Next time I looked it was already back over $90. Hopefully I will get my chance to buy this stock in the next couple of days.
back up to the high $89's today.