Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason's DG Portfolio
Here is my Dividend Growth Portfolio that was started in 2012. As of today it yields 3.94%.

KO Beverages-Non-alcoholic
PEP Beverages/Snack Food
BAX Drugs
DE Farm Equipment
GIS Food Processing
AFL Insurance
BBL Mining/Oil&Gas
XOM Oil & Gas
CVX Oil & Gas
Bp Oil & Gas
COP Oil & Gas
KMI Pipeline
NSC Railroad
CSX Railroad
HAS Recreation
HCP REIT-Health Care
OHI REIT-Health Care
O REIT-Retail Stores
TGT Retail-Discount
MSFT Technology-Software
T Telecommunications
VZ Telecommunications
MO Tobacco
PM Tobacco
WEC Utility-Electric/Gas
AVA Utility-Electric/Gas
So Utility-Electric/Gas

I have learned much in the past couple of years. I know going forward there will be many more lessons to be had. However, with Dgi, I no longer stress over the ups and downs of my portfolio's value. Now I focus on increasing my monthly income and buying stocks at a good value. I am looking forward to ten or fifteen years from now when compounding really begins to take effect.
Nice looking portfolio. I have 11 of those in my 35 position dividend compounding machine
(03-17-2014, 07:34 PM)rnsmth Wrote: Nice looking portfolio. I have 11 of those in my 35 position dividend compounding machine

Thanks. I may eventually get to 35.
I agree, nice work on the portfolio. I own 13 of these in my 50 position machine and a few of the others in another account.

Have MAT over HAS, UNP over CSX, DPS over PEP but I think they are all pretty similar values.

Thanks for sharing.
Yes, very nice Jason.

I have 12 of them. If I include the wife's, we overlap by 15.

What do you think of BBL's outlook? I've been looking at some basic materials and then end up hemming & hawing over the risks of the cyclicality. Did own APD but, when Will Ackman bought a big stake, and with a 25% gain in a little over a month, I sold it.

I see you have a large holding allocation to the oil patch. Are these smaller positions or do you favor the sector?
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(03-17-2014, 11:18 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Yes, very nice Jason.

I have 12 of them. If I include the wife's, we overlap by 15.

What do you think of BBL's outlook? I've been looking at some basic materials and then end up hemming & hawing over the risks of the cyclicality. Did own APD but, when Will Ackman bought a big stake, and with a 25% gain in a little over a month, I sold it.

I see you have a large holding allocation to the oil patch. Are these smaller positions or do you favor the sector?

I was kind of speculating on BBL when I purchased it. It does give me exposer to the miners and also overseas. I will probably hold as long as it continues to increase its dividend and earnings. Going forward I feel BBL is the best positioned to succeed in the materials sector.

I am a little heavy with oil companies but they are not all equal positions. BP was also a spec play but it will probably be a good dividend raiser going forward. Im not married to any of them, but as long as they keep putting out the dividends then I wont file for a divorce.
Cool portfolio thanks for sharing.

I have 7 of those, but there are plenty there which I would love to own as well.

I agree focusing on the income stream is a good idea. This helps you pay less attention to the ups and downs of the market.
My Updated Portfolio 11-14-2014

Symbol Weight

t 4.73%
cop 4.18%
mat 0.41%
O 6.22%
pm 6.81%
ko 6.26%
CVX 5.33%
AVA 3.57%
AFL 0.69%
has 2.32%
vz 4.00%
nsc 4.37%
pep 4.09%
ohi 3.74%
tgt 1.97%
bp 2.40%
arcp 1.56%
xom 2.00%
hcp 2.62%
wec 3.04%
mo 4.60%
bbl 2.42%
so 3.56%
msft 3.47%
kmi 4.46%
csx 0.89%
gis 2.34%
bax 3.05%
ul 0.07%
mcd 0.07%
ge 1.37%
de 3.39%

Recent additions are Ge,Mat, UL, and ARCP. Every single one raised their Dividend this year and some even raised it twice. Next year may be a different story due to the ARCP debacle. Not a company I should have invested in to start with since it fails to meet my investing criteria. However, I didn't bet the farm on it so we shall see how things shake out.

Couldn't be happier with my choice to become a dividend growth investor. I appreciate this forum and thank everyone for sharing their knowledge and thoughts.