Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
Nice!

IBM announced a 16% raise to the dividend.

Better than I expected. Helps make up for Coach's terrible earnings and failure to raise payout this morning.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
We visited the ocean this week-end and shopped at Tanger outlet. Most shops had medium to a lot of customers. Walked by Coach and almost no one was in that outlet store.
Alex
(04-29-2014, 10:56 AM)hendi_alex Wrote: We visited the ocean this week-end and shopped at Tanger outlet. Most shops had medium to a lot of customers. Walked by Coach and almost no one was in that outlet store.

Their N.A. sales were horrible, but were offset somewhat by strong growth in China. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, as of now I'm leaning towards holding till next earnings announcement and see where the dividend is heading.

If sales in China can continue growing at 15-20%, they can stabilize North American sales, and the company continues to buy back stock with its large cash flows this may still turn out to be a decent long term hold.

There's always something to be said for cutting bait and moving on to another fishing hole as well though. Tongue
People must still be shopping where they find heavy discounts. Under Armor had everything steeply marked down and Eddie Bauer even more so. Under armor had quite a crowd on Saturday, not so much on Monday. Still very early in the season for beach traffic however.
Alex
CVX 7% raise

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chevron-ra...45058.html

American Water Works (AWK) Co. increased its quarterly dividend by 11 percent to 31 cents a share from 28 cents a share, payable June 2 to all stockholders of record as of May 12, the largest publicly traded water company in the U.S. said today in a statement. Shares of the Voorhees, New Jersey-based utility have risen 15 percent over the past year.

Forward yield abouy 2.7%, I read
XOM announces dividend of 69 cents per share, up from previous 63 cents. This is a year-over-year increase of about 9.76 percent. Not bad Exxon! (If only I owned some shares!)

Here's the press release.
Got them all added. You guys are keeping me busy!
BP raised from .57 to .585 Bp Raise
(05-01-2014, 12:03 AM)EricL Wrote: Got them all added. You guys are keeping me busy!

It's not us -- its these darned DG companies!
Crackerbarrel upped their divvy by 33%, from .75 to 1.00 a quarter. yield up over 4% now
(05-02-2014, 09:48 AM)rnsmth Wrote: Crackerbarrel upped their divvy by 33%, from .75 to 1.00 a quarter. yield up over 4% now

Wow, that's great news. I'm a shareholder Big Grin
(05-02-2014, 09:55 AM)EricL Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 09:48 AM)rnsmth Wrote: Crackerbarrel upped their divvy by 33%, from .75 to 1.00 a quarter. yield up over 4% now

Wow, that's great news. I'm a shareholder Big Grin

Crap, gotta put them back on my review list again. I'm booked solid this weekend too. Dodgy
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan