Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
(02-24-2021, 02:14 PM)EricL Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 02:11 PM)EricL Wrote: DE is one of my worst sells. Was a good lesson in being patient with cyclical companies.

Actually, just checked and DE is by far my worst sell.

Sold at $88.60 on 8/23/2016 and it is now $345.28, which would have been a gain of 292%.

lol I learnt not to do such math with closed positions Smile
(02-24-2021, 02:45 PM)Binary Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 02:14 PM)EricL Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 02:11 PM)EricL Wrote: DE is one of my worst sells. Was a good lesson in being patient with cyclical companies.

Actually, just checked and DE is by far my worst sell.

Sold at $88.60 on 8/23/2016 and it is now $345.28, which would have been a gain of 292%.

lol I learnt not to do such math with closed positions Smile
Good advice.  I've also sold some companies that went BK the next year so I try to dwell on that happy thought lol.  THIS is why we hold some core positions and hold them.  If you want to trade you will feel like an idiot now and then.  We'd all be billionaires at age 40 if this was easy.  I held MSFT for 15 years waiting for a 2X after being absolutely destroyed.  It would have been a 10X if I held it 4 more years. Smile  Give it a minute and there will be some sad DE shareholders.  Great company and the stock eventually drops and rots for 5 years.  It's the nature of their BIZ.  It will happen again.
Home Depot (NYSE:HD) declares $1.65/share quarterly dividend, 10% increase from prior dividend of $1.50.
Forward yield 2.39%
Payable March 25; for shareholders of record March 11; ex-div March 10.
Keurig Dr Pepper declares $0.15 dividend, to raise dividend by 25% next quarter

The board has approved a 25% increase in its annualized dividend rate to $0.75/share, from the current annualized rate of $0.60/share, effective with the company's regular quarterly dividend to be announced in 2Q21.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3666164-ke...5-dividend
EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG) declares $0.4125/share quarterly dividend, 10% increase from prior dividend of $0.3750.
Forward yield 2.33%
Payable April 30; for shareholders of record April 16; ex-div April 15.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Digital Realty Trust (NYSEBig GrinLR) declares $1.16/share quarterly dividend, 3.6% increase from prior dividend of $1.12.
Forward yield 3.45%
Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 15; ex-div March 12.
Watsco (NYSE:WSO): Q4 GAAP EPS of $1.14 beats by $0.13.
Revenue of $1.15B (+7.5% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
The company has approved a 10% increase in its annual dividend to $7.80/share which will be reflected in the company’s next regular dividend payment beginning in April 2021.
Albert H. Nahmad, Watsco’s Chairman & CEO stated: “We are pleased to increase dividends to our shareholders, which reflects our confidence in the business and is supported by our strong cash flow and balance sheet.”
L3Harris Technologies (NYSE:LHX) declares $1.02/share quarterly dividend, 20% increase from prior dividend of $0.85.

Though I think they announced this earlier already.. but for some reason I got the SA email today...
(02-26-2021, 11:24 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: L3Harris Technologies (NYSE:LHX) declares $1.02/share quarterly dividend, 20% increase from prior dividend of $0.85.

Though I think they announced this earlier already.. but for some reason I got the SA email today...

Probably announced it with earnings and then officially declared it now.
General Dynamics (NYSE: GD) declares $1.19/share quarterly dividend, 8.2% increase from prior dividend of $1.10.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3668962-ge...9-dividend
Less than I was hoping for, QCOM must be playing it conservative. Hopefully with 75% EPS growth expected in 2021 we will get a bigger boost next year.

Qualcomm Incorporated (QCOM) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 5 percent increase in the Company's quarterly cash dividend. The quarterly cash dividend will increase from $0.65 to $0.68 per share of common stock and will be effective for quarterly dividends payable after March 25, 2021. This dividend increase will raise the annualized dividend payout to $2.72 per share of common stock.
(03-10-2021, 09:16 AM)EricL Wrote: Less than I was hoping for, QCOM must be playing it conservative. Hopefully with 75% EPS growth expected in 2021 we will get a bigger boost next year.

Qualcomm Incorporated (QCOM) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 5 percent increase in the Company's quarterly cash dividend. The quarterly cash dividend will increase from $0.65 to $0.68 per share of common stock and will be effective for quarterly dividends payable after March 25, 2021. This dividend increase will raise the annualized dividend payout to $2.72 per share of common stock.
I have been trying to get informed since I started a position.  There seems to be a very strong consensus that they hit growth targets in a year, and little consensus how much they will be affected by chip shortages near-term.  They have limited control of that for the next few months minimum, and likely longer as they are not a Fab, or intend to be.