Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
Have always wanted to own some SBUX. Can't recall what I was buying instead last Summer when it was trading around $50, but sure wish I had picked some up then.
(10-30-2019, 04:21 PM)Otter Wrote: Have always wanted to own some SBUX. Can't recall what I was buying instead last Summer when it was trading around $50, but sure wish I had picked some up then.
Same here.  On my watch list for a long time.  I find myself attracted to the blue chips with fleas and getting crushed.  Those good companies trapped in a trading range for a long time are usually worth at least a nibble.    

I bought a half position in LMT on the dip last week and today's news sure looks good for the future.
AbbVie raised its quarterly dividend by 10% to $1.18 a share.
(11-01-2019, 07:28 AM)divmenow Wrote: AbbVie raised its quarterly dividend by 10% to $1.18 a share.

Felt really nice to see this announcement on my Seeking Alpha notifications this morning.  Big Grin
Emerson Electric (NYSE:EMR) declares $0.50/share quarterly dividend, 2% increase from prior dividend of $0.49.

Forward yield 2.74%

Payable Dec. 10; for shareholders of record Nov. 15; ex-div Nov. 14.
FedNat Holding Company (NASDAQ: FNHC) declares $0.09/share quarterly dividend, 12.5% increase from prior dividend of $0.08.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3514824-fe...9-dividend
VGR's 20-year run of dividend growth comes to a halt, with a 50% dividend cut starting in 2020: https://seekingalpha.com/news/3514819-ve...0-dividend

Vector (NYSE:VGR) declares $0.40/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.

Forward yield 12.98%

Payable Dec. 30; for shareholders of record Dec. 17; ex-div Dec. 16.

The Board of Directors has decided to reduce the Company’s quarterly cash dividend to $0.20 per share, effective 1Q2020, and that the Company will no longer pay an annual stock dividend.
TELUS declares CAD 0.5825 dividend
  • TELUS (NYSE:TU) declares CAD 0.5825/share quarterly dividend, 3.6% increase from prior dividend of CAD 0.5625.
  • Forward yield 4.93%
  • Payable Jan. 2; for shareholders of record Dec. 11; ex-div Dec. 10.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Snap On (NYSE:SNA) declares $1.08/share quarterly dividend, 13.7% increase from prior dividend of $0.95.

Forward yield 2.59%

Payable Dec. 10; for shareholders of record Nov. 20; ex-div Nov. 19.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Automatic Data Processing (NASDAQ:ADP) declares $0.91/share quarterly dividend, 15.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.79.

Forward yield 2.23%

Payable Jan. 1; for shareholders of record Dec. 13; ex-div Dec. 12.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Six Flags (SIX) bumps up dividend by a penny, to yield more than 7.4%. Raised from .82 to .83.

One of the best buys in the market right now.
(11-18-2019, 10:10 AM)divmenow Wrote: Six Flags (SIX) bumps up dividend by a penny, to yield more than 7.4%. Raised from .82 to .83.

One of the best buys in the market right now.

I looked at this one, but its balance sheet is troubling, as is its past history. Only emerged from bankruptcy in 2009 (all prior shareholders were wiped out and ownership transferred to bondholders):

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sixfl...RF20100503

BB credit rating is not investment grade, and dividend payout ratio was over 100% even before this dividend raise. Its latest quarterly report shows that liabilities currently outstrip assets (3.1 billion to 3.0 billion), current liabilities are  ~15% higher than the debt levels that pushed them into bankruptcy last time, long term debt has risen by 10% in the last three quarters alone, and total liabilities have risen by ~20% in these past three quarters. Future growth forecasts are anemic compared to performance over the past decade.

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/u...ETS_555874

I could see them declaring Chapter 11 again with even a mild recession.