Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
Franklin Resources (NYSE:BEN) declares $0.23/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
Forward yield 2.31%
Payable April 12; for shareholders of record March 29; ex-div March 26.
Additionally, the board declared special dividend of $3.00/share, payable along with the quarterly dividend.

Not an increase to the annual dividend, but a special dividend.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3331219-fr...3-dividend
Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) declares $0.39/share quarterly dividend, 5.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.37.

(02-15-2018, 12:52 AM)Binary Wrote: Bought BEN a week ago and taadaaaaa

Franklin Resources, Inc. (the “Company”) (NYSE:BEN) announced a special cash dividend in the amount of $3.00 per share, along with a regular quarterly cash dividend in the amount of $0.23 per share.

Nice! There's 7 percent or so of your purchase price right back in your pocket!

I bought BEN years ago, partially on the strength of their special dividend history, which does not show up in the typical div yield calculation. But this will be the first one I've gotten from them as well. But it is a doozy!
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) declares $0.96/share quarterly dividend, 35.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.71.

Forward yield 3.36%

Payable May 15; for shareholders of record April 13; ex-div April 12.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(02-15-2018, 05:17 PM)EricL Wrote: AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) declares $0.96/share quarterly dividend, 35.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.71.

Forward yield 3.36%

Holy Hannah!  Nice.
(02-15-2018, 05:17 PM)EricL Wrote: AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) declares $0.96/share quarterly dividend, 35.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.71.

Forward yield 3.36%

This after the 10% increase for this quarter that was paid today. My YOC is now over 12%. Wow!

Sure am glad I dumped what was left of ABT in my portfolio and moved the money into ABBV.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Up to a 6.79% YOC on ABBV with dividends reinvested here.

ABT hasn't been bad either, I'm up 48% on it since I started buying it in July of 2016.
(02-15-2018, 06:34 PM)Vincenzo Wrote:

Forward yield 3.36%

Holy Hannah!  Nice.

It sure is! howvever, is this because of the tax regultions? Because if it's a one-time pile of cash raising a regular dividend I'm a little worried if this increased dividend will be sustainable. A special dividend may have been better.
(02-16-2018, 02:46 AM)Binary Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 06:34 PM)Vincenzo Wrote:

Forward yield 3.36%

Holy Hannah!  Nice.

It sure is! howvever, is this because of the tax regultions? Because if it's a one-time pile of cash raising a regular dividend I'm a little worried if this increased dividend will be sustainable. A special dividend may have been better.

It's a step-up in the dividend due to the tax cut. A lowered tax rate going forward means higher earnings going forward. This brings the payout ratio back up to ~50%, which I expect them to maintain as EPS grows in the years ahead.
(02-15-2018, 10:14 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 10:28 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: This has been coming for a long time. AMAT has been doing exceptionally well recently and with low debt levels, the money has to go somewhere.

Just wondering what you mean by low debt levels.  Is that in relation to peers, the industry, etc?  Finviz shows their debt/equity at 0.57 and it's highlighted in red.  I've been wanting to own AMAT for years but it's that debt level that's kept me out of it.

From their most recent report:
Cash: 6,799 million. Long term debt: 5,305 million.

Total current assets: 13,029  million. Total current liabilities 4,399 million and total liabilities 11,157 million.

Those, with a pretty solid cash generation (cash flow from operations of $1.4 billion last quarter) certainly seem more than manageable, I don't see any problems with the debt going forward. And neither does the management since they just doubled the dividend and announced a massive buyback authorization.

I might have missed something? Why are you afraid of the debt levels?
Dividend Raises & Cuts - Week of Feb 12, 2018
Walmart (NYSE: WMT) declares $2.08/share annual dividend, (payable in 4 installments) 2% increase from prior dividend of $2.04.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3332193-wa...8-dividend