Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
We can add Nordstrom and Macy's to the list of companies that have cancelled their dividends.
CVX suspends buyback but says it will continue to pay out dividend for now; but that could change.
(03-24-2020, 05:52 AM)divmenow Wrote: CVX suspends buyback but says it will continue to pay out dividend for now; but that could change.

I have this feeling the majors are going to pay one more div, then pray for oil to somehow rise $15.  The preceding courtesy of my crystal ball.  Smile
(03-24-2020, 06:15 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 05:52 AM)divmenow Wrote: CVX suspends buyback but says it will continue to pay out dividend for now; but that could change.

I have this feeling the majors are going to pay one more div, then pray for oil to somehow rise $15.  The preceding courtesy of my crystal ball.  Smile
I think your crystal ball may be right for once  Big Grin
TXRH suspends dividends and share buy backs.

CBRL defers rather than suspends their dividend, and suspends buy backs. They have some history of paying special dividends when the skies are blue so I don't consider them uninvestable at the right price.

No big surprises here. Almost all restaurants are going to have to cut Divs if they are prudent. Even the mighty MCD is going to feel some pressure if the virus spreads to many more states which is certainly possible.
SKT just borrowed their next Div. I wondered if they would. Most investors probably would have been happy to get half of it if it helped the company survive.
(03-31-2020, 06:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: SKT just borrowed their next Div. I wondered if they would. Most investors probably would have been happy to get half of it if it helped the company survive.

I saw that today as well. So glad I sold out of SKT when I did. Borrowing to pay a dividend when your stock is yielding 27% is insanity.

Drew down their entire $600M credit facility while the market cap of the company is just $572M.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(03-31-2020, 11:35 PM)EricL Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 06:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: SKT just borrowed their next Div.  I wondered if they would.   Most investors probably would have been happy to get half of it if it helped the company survive.

I saw that today as well. So glad I sold out of SKT when I did. Borrowing to pay a dividend when your stock is yielding 27% is insanity.

Drew down their entire $600M credit facility while the market cap of the company is just $572M.

I'm not expecting a BK, but something has to give soon.  An attempted merger wouldn't surprise me.  But if that's the plan there is no need to be concerned with the aristocrat list.  Aren't they right at 25 years of Div increases?
(04-01-2020, 12:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 11:35 PM)EricL Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 06:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: SKT just borrowed their next Div.  I wondered if they would.   Most investors probably would have been happy to get half of it if it helped the company survive.

I'm not expecting a BK, but something has to give soon.  An attempted merger wouldn't surprise me.  But if that's the plan there is no need to be concerned with the aristocrat list.  Aren't they right at 25 years of Div increases?

SKT has a 27-year streak of dividend growth according to the CCC List.
Another one bites the dust, as Brinker International (EAT) suspends the dividend.
  • Amended the revolving credit facility to obtain financial flexibility and liquidity. Initial borrowing capacity under the new amendment is $800 million
  • Significantly reduced capital expenditures, including suspending the Chili's re-image program and delaying construction of new restaurants
  • Reduced salaries, led by the executive team including a 50 percent reduction for Chief Executive Officer
  • Reduced marketing spend, general and administrative spend and other restaurant expenses to support the off-premise only business model
  • Suspended the quarterly cash dividend and all share repurchase activity
Murphy Oil (NYSE:MUR) declares $0.125/share quarterly dividend, -50% decrease from prior dividend of $0.250.

Forward yield 8.16%

Payable June 1; for shareholders of record May 18; ex-div May 15.
HP ends its 48-year streak of dividend increases.

Helmerich & Payne (HP -8.8%) plunges after announcing plans to cut future quarterly dividends to $0.25/share while still paying its $0.71 dividend on June 1.