Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My DG Portfolio
(08-06-2014, 03:30 PM)KowboysUp Wrote: New Additions

My second addition during this period was T, picked up today at what I hope is a pretty decent price of $34.61 following the sell-off related to Sprint throwing in the towel on its plan to buy T-Mobile.

I believe T will easily dominate both of those names, and, as with many, many other industries, consolidation is coming to the industry one way or another, whether the FCC likes it or not. I do not believe a behmoth with a moat the size of T's will be the one getting bought in said consolidation. Of course, I'm also pretty convinced that the pie will just keep getting larger and larger for many years, as I am certain that more people could continue using more data for years to come, and the giants like T and VZ will surely find a way to make boatloads of profits during that time period.

With ROIC and T bought, one riskier, more speculative pick, and one of the most stalwart possible, I will likely continue down the path of picking up some risk with higher growth opportunities like ROIC, as well as stalwarts like T. Currently, I have GE, PG, KO and GILD at the top of my wish list, I'll let you figure out which one is for growth.

Well, that's the update for now. Like I said, I was slow to fund the portfolio, sometimes putting in only very small amounts when the market was high. The market is still high, but it's a little bit less so, and I still don't see any downward catalyst for the market in the near term besides international black swans (Ukraine) and the end of QE, which I suspect is priced in already. I do not see rising rates happening in at least the first half of '15, if they happen at all next year.

I just initiated a position in T myself. Overall, I am bullish on the sector - and there are plenty of opportunities for growth for behemoths like T, VZ and VOD. (shameless plug: Recent Buy - AT&T Inc)

GILD seems to have caught the eye of a few ppl here in this forum - and I think the company will do well, but I'd be wary in turbulant market times such as these - where biotech stocks could possibly take a beating. Personally, as a DGI, I am more interested in AMGN and its starting to look at a dividend growth stock...I know they are big in renal drugs which are covered by Medicare - hence the stellar revenues and earnings. I still have to read up a lot more before I make a decision.

You have some great stocks on the watchlist, KowboysUp. Happy investing.

Messages In This Thread
My DG Portfolio - by KowboysUp - 03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Kerim - 03-07-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Dividend Watcher - 03-10-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by KowboysUp - 08-06-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Roadmap2Retire - 08-07-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Dividend Watcher - 08-07-2014, 10:26 PM