Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My DG Portfolio
Welcome KowboysUp! Is that a reference to the Dallas Cowboys (this Redskins fan asks warily).

That is a rough experience with the house; sorry to hear about that. I can only imagine how hard it is to start over from scratch, especially having to buy in at higher prices. But as you observe, you are young and have lots of time to rebuild. One day, you'll be getting more in annual dividends than the entire value of that initial portfolio, and this will be an amusing anecdote from your early years rather than a recent and painful experience.

Given the size of the portfolio, I would not worry too much right now about diversification. I'd put most or all of my investing money into your best ideas -- the dividend growth stocks that you want that are offering the best value at the moment. With the market at fresh highs all the time, that is easier said than done, but just glancing at your list, my own opinion is that TGT and PM are fairly priced, right now. Perhaps not the bargains there were recently, but still...

Messages In This Thread
My DG Portfolio - by KowboysUp - 03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Kerim - 03-07-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Dividend Watcher - 03-10-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by KowboysUp - 08-06-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Roadmap2Retire - 08-07-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Dividend Watcher - 08-07-2014, 10:26 PM