Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harris Corp. (HRS)
Member fiveoh asked about Harris in my portfolio thread.

(02-24-2014, 11:57 AM)fiveoh Wrote: Nothing to add, but what are your thoughts on HRS going forward? I own a small portion of HRS but hardly anyone seems to cover them.

Rather than let it sit and rot there where nobody will see it, thought I'd move it here.

Seeking Alpha had an interesting article today (3/3/14) linked from Business Insider about HRS mesh antenna for Sirius radio. In part:

An advanced antenna reflector designed and built by Harris Corporation (HRS) has been successfully deployed in space onboard the Sirius FM-6 satellite which was designed and built by Space Systems/Loral (SSL) for SiriusXM (NASDAQ:SIRI).

The high-performance reflector has a 9-meter diameter aperture when fully deployed and delivers a high-power signal to support the delivery of commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment; and the most comprehensive Latin music; sports and talk programming in radio, to SiriusXMs 25.6 million subscribers.

The rest of the article is here.

Hadn't read about this before. I usually check the financials and forget the shareholder letters on some companies. Geeky tidbits about the company interest me. Don't know how much of revenue this produces for HRS but it shows their technology has more uses than just military and how broad their product line is.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I read your info in the other post and appreciate the input. I'm still considering selling HRS since the yield is so low now, but their div growth is so impressive.
I can understand the conundrum. I just needed to re-balance a little.

Yahoo 2 year chart w/ 50d & 200d SMA:

It has been on a roll.

Longrundata dividend chart:

Don't have a definitive answer about the 00 drop in the dividend.

Yahoo estimating 3% forward growth, S&P not expecting much more either, payout ratio about 45% now. Time frame? I'm expecting to hold another 5-10 years and my cost basis is around $41 so I'm comfortable. If you have another in mind with a significantly higher yield or similar dividend growth rate, it may make sense to redeploy.

Magic 8 Ball gives me "Cannot predict now" Big Grin
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(03-03-2014, 01:05 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: I can understand the conundrum. I just needed to re-balance a little.

Yahoo 2 year chart w/ 50d & 200d SMA:

It has been on a roll.

Longrundata dividend chart:

Don't have a definitive answer about the 00 drop in the dividend.

Yahoo estimating 3% forward growth, S&P not expecting much more either, payout ratio about 45% now. Time frame? I'm expecting to hold another 5-10 years and my cost basis is around $41 so I'm comfortable. If you have another in mind with a significantly higher yield or similar dividend growth rate, it may make sense to redeploy.

Magic 8 Ball gives me "Cannot predict now" Big Grin

lol my 8 ball must be connected to yours. I bought in @ 43ish so I'm in the same boat. I've already got cash sitting in my account so no real reason to sell now.