Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O
Price is on fire lately, I guess riding the string of positive headlines this month. Up 15% since the first of the month. Purchased in December, the shares are now up 22%, plus two dividends have hit the pot. O is now the third best performing ticker in my long term dividend portfolio. Shares are still a long way down from their pre-correction $55 per share however.
Alex
Same story here, Alex. I'm not a huge REIT guy, but for a long time regretted not having any O in my portfolio. I also bought in December -- not a ton, just dipped a toe in -- at about $37.25. Been happily watching it rally since, though of course, I wish I had bought more!
I have owned O since 2012 and added to it in early December.

Between REITs (O, OHI, DLR and ARCP) and utilities (D, LNT, NGG, SO, AVA, WEC), I have about 25% of our portfolios. These are core income growth holdings with high yields and acceptable dividend growth rates.
I'm also wishing I had bought more a few months ago when I made my initial purchase. Loving the run up and the monthly dividends.
Bought a couple tranches of O myself around $40 both times in Sept & Oct 13. This was my first REIT investment ever. Just added a small position in OHI today. Looking forward to the yield boost in the portfolio.

Added a little HCP to wife's portfolio in the last rebalance. That long dividend growth streak made me feel a little more comfortable.

The monthly reinvested divs on O just keep inching up. I Heart that.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Quote:Realty Income sets 10.5M share secondary offering

uh-oh... looks like our great run might be coming to an end. Down 2% after hours. Sad
foeplay, not sure I agree.

With a 20 year dividend growth streak, I think O's management is focused on doing right by the shareholders. Interest rates really haven't move much and aren't expected to vary significantly for more than a year. I'm willing to ride it out. O was my first REIT and the more I read, the more I'm convinced that management knows what they're doing and mindful of their investors.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Revised to 12M share offering with underwriter option to buy 1.8M additional shares.

Priced at $39.96. "The company expects to use the net proceeds from the offering to repay borrowings under its $1.5 billion acquisition credit facility, which were, and will be, used to fund real estate acquisitions." Sounds to me like the funds are accretive in the sense that a previous acquisition is simply being paid for. This will free up the credit line in order to take advantage of the next opportunity.

I'm not adding shares here, but am not bothered by this announcement and today's resulting price action.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/realty-inc...00268.html
Alex
(03-26-2014, 11:08 PM)foeplay Wrote:
Quote:Realty Income sets 10.5M share secondary offering

uh-oh... looks like our great run might be coming to an end. Down 2% after hours. Sad

With quality companies, short-term downdrafts are always welcome. I'd love to see O get run down to the mid-30s to pick up a bunch more.
Closed green. Big Grin I am still in for long haul. Sucks I didn't have any funds in my account to increase my position!
Anyone know what is causing the recent decline?

Perhaps a buy opportunity?
Citi reiterated a sell rating on the stock with a PT of $33 yesterday. Its still a great company to own long term. I will be adding more if it falls further.

http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/344223/cit...me-corp-o/