Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corporate Cash Piles
Interesting article. What scares me about so much cash on the books is management that's more concerned with empire building. First they'll buy (and usually screw it up) and then they'll use the excuse that because of the size of the company they deserve more pay. Microsoft, for the longest time, was famous for buying high and then selling it low a few years later.

Amazon is a good example to me. Bezos is brilliant and built a great business but I don't think his intention is ever to return money to his investors. Mr. Market is doing that for him but you can't depend on Mr. Market and market timing. I can do that in Vegas or Atlantic City and it's much flashier. [Image: heysexy.001.gif]

Interesting article and that's why we're here and at SA for, to winnow out the ones that want to make sure we get a good return.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
Corporate Cash Piles - by Kerim - 02-15-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: Corporate Cash Piles - by Dividend Watcher - 02-15-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: Corporate Cash Piles - by Kerim - 02-15-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: Corporate Cash Piles - by fiveoh - 02-15-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: Corporate Cash Piles - by hendi_alex - 02-16-2014, 08:24 AM
RE: Corporate Cash Piles - by TomK - 02-19-2014, 10:09 AM