Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to the next remodel project
This month's project takes place upstairs. The area in the photo included a long narrow hall on the right with a bonus room on the left, with a wall in between. We ripped out the wall. Over head, the joists were feebly constructed and were pieced over the old wall. So after removing the wall, I replaced the joists, extending them to span the entire width to rest on the load bearing wall on the right. I also reclaimed the void area to the left of the door in the back ground, framing it for a small closet. One can never have too much closet space!
Before taking on this task, we also framed and sheetrocked an attic space. That made the space tight so that dust doesn't enter our living space, and also provided a wonderful tool room. That area is nearly complete but is not organized yet. Here are a few photos of both projects.

Current project:
[Image: 12480472725_a1c86f99d9_c.jpg]

[Image: 12480446525_24e3a06282_c.jpg]

Bonus storage area for tools:
[Image: 12481535114_bffe581c01_c.jpg]
Alex
Looking good. Where do you find the time?
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Retired life is good. Retired at 54, about nine years now. Never bored from lack of things to do!
Alex
I sure wish I had those skills! You kitchen turned out great, so I'm sure this will as well.