Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Dividend Payers Can Protect Against a Downturn
My only Newsletter subscription is M*'s Dividend Investor by Josh Peters.

Here is his latest short video interview with some very timely advice:

How Dividend Payers Can Protect Against a Downturn

(If for some reason you need to be a subscriber-not sure- please advise and I'll see if I can (am allowed) to copy the transcript....)

Cheers,

Rob
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
Interesting clip, Rob. Nope, didn't need to be a subscriber.

I though Josh's points were right on and jived with those long-term DG investors on SA have been saying too; focus on your companies and the income stream rather than what Mr. Market is doing.

I thought it ironic that 10 years ago I would've been in disarray about now after our brief little whateveryoucallit. That was before I found and thought through the DGI concept. I'm sure the value of my portfolio will go down but that's OK with me now. I may trim around the edges but mostly I'll be watching earnings and the dividends of the companies on my watch list and things that would permanently impair either for the long-term.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan