Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding to MCD, KO, CVX today
I am adding to these three positions today.

MCD is yielding 3.4%. That's relatively high, if I look back over the past few years.

I like KO, longterm. Right now, it's yield is over 2.8%. I don't drink Coke, but I'm addicted to KO.

CVX went from $125 to $119 on their interim update. I think that's a big overreaction and I like CVX longterm.

Your thoughts? What's on your watchlist today?
I like your picks. MCD I don't feel is going anywhere anytime soon and I have a decent position already. Same with KO. Although if the div increase bumps KO to a 3% yield I will buy.

CVX I'm looking at closely... I have a really small position I'd like to increase but I find it hard to evaluate the big oil stocks since they seem to be undervalued frequently,(obviously they aren't) based on traditional valuation methods.
DividendGarden, sorry the dip-buyers cut into your buys a little bit today.

KO, not a bad price. I need to top off my wife's portfolio but wanted it less than $38. The limit order never traded.

CVX has been building a base around $120 for a while now. I'd buy more but it's the largest holding in my portfolio and probably should trim a little. Love that dividend pouring cash pouring into my pocket.

MCD doesn't look too exciting right now but with an almost 3.5% yield, I'd be willing to let that compound for a few years at this price. By then, they'll have come up with an effective strategy and be back on their growth track.

Long all three and lovin' it.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(01-14-2014, 10:12 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: DividendGarden, sorry the dip-buyers cut into your buys a little bit today.

Thanks, Dividend Watcher. Yeah, the dip-buyers cut in a bit, but I was filled on MCD.