Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ford (F) (I know, I know...)
01-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Ford (F) (I know, I know...)
Ok, so I know that Ford generally is on nobody's list of dividend growth stocks. It is a cyclical company that stopped its dividend during the financial crisis, and only reinstated in 2012.

But I bought a few shares in 2012 right when they did start the dividend back up and all I can say is so far so good. 20 cents per share in 2012, 40 cents per share in 2013, and just announced a 25% raise to 50 cents per share in 2014 (from 10 cents quarterly to 12.5 cents quarterly).

Go Ford!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: Ford (F) (I know, I know...)
Obviously I am biased and love Ford as a company.(although not as an investment) Do you think they will be ok when Mulally retires soon? He's really turned the company around.
01-11-2014, 08:57 PM
F has been on my list and I agree that it looks attractive. I just haven't been able to find room to add it so far and the cyclical nature has kept me away as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2014, 02:22 PM
I hold a significant amount of Ford. I bought in 2009, and got out with about a 75% gain in 2011. Then I bought back after a sell off, and have been holding and adding since. I'm enjoying the dividend increases!
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
We have F and as soon as GM announced their dividend at close to 3% we bought GM.

I must be correct because some "growth" analysts aren't happy Big Grin

There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
01-19-2014, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 11:09 AM by Robandcindy2.)
(01-18-2014 10:23 PM)Robandcindy2 Wrote:  We have F and as soon as GM announced their dividend at close to 3% we bought GM.

I must be correct because some "growth" analysts aren't happy Big Grin

Then I read this:

Future of GM Dividend

"Buy American".....unless it's a 2000 Jetta TDI (195,000 miles, 46-50 mpg...still running strong)

There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
01-19-2014, 07:40 PM
As I think I've said elsewhere, I'm not sure that I'd buy F at today's prices. Maybe. But at $9.00 per share, real earnings, and the new Fusion just released, it felt like a pretty safe buy!
04-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Wow -- Ford is up almost 5 percent today.