Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a Signature
Question 
I was asked on my intro what I went by which got me looking to add a preloaded signature to my posts. Our site seems to have the ability to do so for registered users yet for the life of me I can't find out how.

This might need a "switch" being thrown at the MyBB Group site.

Thanks for checking......

Rob
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
Testing testing....
That worked...where/how did you do that?
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
Try this:

Click "User CP" in the grey box near the top of the page (just below the "Dividend Growth Forum" banner).
You'll see a "Menu" box running down the left side of the page.
In the middle of that Menu box is a section called "Your Profile."
At the bottom of that middle "Your Profile" section is a link called "change signature." Click that.
Edit your signature in the box.
Make sure you click the "update signature" button under the signature box when you're finished.

Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll explore further.
I'm thinking this is a Mac problem. I followed your instructions (and had actually been on every CP page at the website) without any luck using Safari. Then I tried using Firefox-same result.

Attaching a screen shot of CP. There is no Signature link....

Hope this helps...

Merry Christmas!!!

.pdf   DivGrwth_CP.pdf (Size: 242.71 KB / Downloads: 4)
Frederick Buechner
I'm on a mac. On the User CP page, there is a menu to the left. One listing is 'your profile' and under that Edit Profile, with one choice being 'Change Signature'. Click 'change signature' and type info into the dialogue box.

Here is a screen shot of the menu to the left of the User Control Panel page (User CP). This is on an iMac with Firefox.

[Image: 11531766213_1753470cd7_o.png]
Alex
    OK this is bizarre...

I do not have that "Change Signature" feature.

I've even tried collapsing all menus and reopening. Safari and Firefox the same....Cue the theme music from The Twilight Zone
Frederick Buechner
Curious. I tried changing various setting, to get rid of the 'change signature' listing, but don't think that there is a setting that should inadvertently cause the line to be removed. At any rate, it is not purely a Mac issue, so that represents a little progress.
Alex
test to see if my sig shows up
I've been poking around in the site settings, thinking that perhaps there is a setting that does not allow a signature until you have reached a certain number of posts. I did not find any such setting in what seem to me the likely places, but there are still a few stones for me to turn over. I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to in the next couple of days, but will certainly get to it when I can. Sorry for the frustration Rob!
Not frustrating at all...just another great mystery of the Internet. Thanks for checking!!

Cheers,

Rob
Frederick Buechner
(12-22-2013, 08:17 AM)Robandcindy2 Wrote: I was asked on my intro what I went by which got me looking to add a preloaded signature to my posts. Our site seems to have the ability to do so for registered users yet for the life of me I can't find out how.

This might need a "switch" being thrown at the MyBB Group site.

Thanks for checking......

Rob

Mystery solved...

Tonight I made my 11th post and voila` the signature option appeared...

Rob
Frederick Buechner