Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Here
Hello. Found this forum from a comment stream over at Seeking Alpha and glad I did. My real name is Ed but kept the name I use on SA to avoid confusion.

Just turned 55 (did I say that?) and both my wife and I are self-employed. We live in upstate NY in the middle of a corn field.

I've been investing since I got out of the Navy in 1982 but, being self-taught, never really formulated a plan or strategy. As a result, the first 20 some years I spent wandering in the Wall Street wilderness and have the honor of riding Microsoft, Yahoo and Cisco down from the dot com peaks to the bottom. Then I found Seeking Alpha in late 2008.

When I found this forum, I noticed that you didn't have a token idiot so thought I'd join. It's nice to see a forum with intelligent, casual conversation that's probably not appropriate for SA nor most private blogs. My wife says I'm mouthy and opinionated although I think my opinion changes often as a result of learning new things and observing the world around me.

Thanks, Kerim, for setting this board up. Hope I have something to contribute.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Hmm, a token idiot who lives in the middle of a cornfield. Sounds like you should fit in great here Ed!

Welcome!
Hi Ed! Thanks so much for joining up and posting -- that you've done so proves you're no idiot! We're still a small group, but having fun.
Finally found an avatar that works for now. Rolleyes Hope it doesn't annoy anyone too much. Time will tell and sure I'll hear about it.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Good avatarSmile
I love it!
New avatar. The eye was starting to creep even me out.
=====

Here is a pretty good 'dividend watcher'!

[Image: ScreenShot2015-02-11at41946PM_zps1593e0a9.png]
Alex
(02-11-2015, 02:45 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: New avatar. The eye was starting to creep even me out.

I thought it was kinda cool, the eye watching the dividends.
Your new one is nice also though.