Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron's intro
Hi. I'm Ron

I have posted my portfolio. Retired at the end of September from Portland Community College. Moving to Méridan, Yucatán, Mexico at the end of January with my wife and cat.

90% of our retirement income will be from pensions and Social Security. We plan to continue reinvesting dividends, probably until required minimum distributions hit in 8 years. it will be nice to be putting several thousands of dollars of new money (via dividends) into the market post-retirement.

Feel free to ask questions
Congrats on your retirement and on your new digs, sounds like a great location!

Hope to be in a similar situation myself someday down the road!
Welcome! I worked in higher ed for 20 years myself- your the 2nd Ron I've heard retiring to Mexico.
Hmmmmm.... maybe a trend I should follow ;-)
The other Ron loves Mexico, so I'm sure you will too!

Ronn
(12-18-2013, 12:42 AM)ronn38 Wrote: The other Ron loves Mexico, so I'm sure you will too!

Ronn

We already do Smile

Have been traveling there for a decade. Have a house rented, one-way airline tickets bought, a bid on shipping some household goods, pensions, social security and dividends flowing...

Now just have a lot more work to do here before leaving on Jan 30
(12-19-2013, 08:32 PM)rnsmth Wrote:
(12-18-2013, 12:42 AM)ronn38 Wrote: The other Ron loves Mexico, so I'm sure you will too!

Ronn

We already do Smile

Have been traveling there for a decade. Have a house rented, one-way airline tickets bought, a bid on shipping some household goods, pensions, social security and dividends flowing...

Now just have a lot more work to do here before leaving on Jan 30

Wow, that's huge. Congratulations. I can't really even imagine it. Do you have a community that you're tied into where you're going? Or just winging it?
This is something that I would love to do. Though I'm probably close to 2 decades away from doing it. Having a 6 and 4 year old is what will keep us in the states till at least they are out of college. Love visiting Mexico and would love to live there too.