Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My dividend growth portfolio weightings
This is after putting about 1/2 of a rollover to work last week - added to PG, MCD, GE, DLR, O, JNJ, CSCO CVX and KMI. Added KO, BAX and SO as new positions.

Symbol Description % of DGP
PG PROCTER & GAMBLE CO 4.90%
GE GENERAL ELECTRIC CO 4.60%
AAPL APPLE INC 4.40%
JNJ JOHNSON & JOHNSON 4.40%
MCD MCDONALDS CORP 4.10%
KMI KINDER MORGAN INC DELAWARE COM USD0.01 3.80%
O REALTY INCOME CORP (MARYLAND) 3.50%
WAG WALGREEN COMPANY 3.40%
CVX CHEVRON CORP NEW 3.30%
OHI OMEGA HEALTHCARE INVS INC 3.30%
WEC WISCONSIN ENERGY CP 3.30%
DLR DIGITAL RLTY TR INC COM 3.00%
CLX CLOROX CO DEL 2.90%
SE SPECTRA ENERGY CORP COM 2.90%
RCI ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS INC CLASS B COM CAD1.62478 ISIN #CA775 2.80%
BMO BANK OF MONTREAL COM NPV ISIN #CA0636711016 SEDOL #2076009 2.70%
LMT LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP 2.70%
CSCO CISCO SYS INC 2.50%
D DOMINION RESOURCES INC VA NEW 2.50%
LNT ALLIANT ENERGY CORP 2.50%
UL UNILEVER PLC ADS-EA REPR 1 ORD GPB0.03111 2.50%
KRFT KRAFT FOODS GROUP INC COM NPV 2.40%
TGT TARGET CORP 2.40%
BAX BAXTER INTL INC 2.30%
BCE BCE INC COM NPV ISIN #CA05534B7604 SEDOL #B188TH2 2.30%
BNS BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA COM NPV ISIN #CA0641491075 SEDOL #207628 2.30%
CAT CATERPILLAR INC 2.30%
GIS GENERAL MILLS INC 2.30%
AVA AVISTA CORP 2.20%
KO COCA COLA CO 2.10%
ARCP AMERICAN RLTY CAP PPTYS INC COM 2.00%
KMB KIMBERLY CLARK CORP 1.70%
NGG NATIONAL GRID NEW ADR EACH REPR 5 ORD GBP0.11395 1.60%
SO SOUTHERN CO 1.60%
SDRL SEADRILL LTD USD2 1.40%
POT POTASH CORP OF SASKATCHEWAN COM NPV ISIN #CA73755L1076 SEDOL 0.90%
Hey rnsmth! Welcome and thanks for posting -- very glad you found us here.

That's a great looking list of companies you've got there, well balanced and all. There are a few things there I don't recognize, but most are dependable old friends. Without doing the math, looks like you are happy with a lot of energy / utility exposure?
(12-15-2013, 10:38 PM)Kerim Wrote: Hey rnsmth! Welcome and thanks for posting -- very glad you found us here.

That's a great looking list of companies you've got there, well balanced and all. There are a few things there I don't recognize, but most are dependable old friends. Without doing the math, looks like you are happy with a lot of energy / utility exposure?

Yes, I am happy with that. Some of the energy exposure is inmid-stream pipeline companies, which is a different risk than a major integrated company like CVX.

Happy with the utilities also. Good dividend yields, the ones I hold have pretty good dividend growth rates. I would not own something like Con Edison or Hawaii Electric, for example, because of low or not dividend growth.
I agree it is a nice collection of DG companies and weightings. How long have you been putting that together, rnsmth?
(12-16-2013, 01:21 PM)TomK Wrote: I agree it is a nice collection of DG companies and weightings. How long have you been putting that together, rnsmth?

Thank you!

About 18 months.
35 Holdings in these peanut sized IRA portfolios

Underweight - ARCP KMB, NGG, POT, SDRL, (roughly $1,500 to $2,500 positions)

Overweight - AAPL, CVX, DLR, GE, JNJ, KMI, MCD, O, OHI, PG, SE, WEC (roughly $3,800 to $5,800 positions)

Equal weight - AVA, BAX, BCE, BMO, BNS, CAT, CLX, CSCO, GIS, KO, KRFT, LMT, LNT, RCI, SO, TGT, UL, WAG (about $2,900 to $3,700 positions)

A rough estimate of dividend income for 2014 is $5,550. If I add 3 positions after we finish getting set up here, it will climb to over $6,000 annualized. Thank goodness for pensions and Social Security Smile. I use about a 7% dividend growth estimate, but think it could come in a bit higher. That compares with growth in pension income of 1.25-2% annually and in SS of whatever the COLA is - pretty low right now.

All dividends are being reinvested via DRIPs into the companies that paid the dividends, and we plan to continue that practice until and unless we absolutely need the income (not very likely), or we need to start RMDs in 9 years.
Ron, the only ones I don't know are NGG and SE and I should know NGG since I live in their franchise territory. The rest, except for KMB/KMI, we either have or are on the watch list. Really solid and interesting portfolio.

You done good! A few years from now, should should be really Big Grin.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(04-06-2014, 06:18 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Ron, the only ones I don't know are NGG and SE and I should know NGG since I live in their franchise territory. The rest, except for KMB/KMI, we either have or are on the watch list. Really solid and interesting portfolio.

You done good! A few years from now, should should be really Big Grin.

Thank you DW!