Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Facebook Rip-Off
I must have got to the point of being blue in the face telling people not to buy shares in Facebook as they were massively overpriced. I based this on the fact that I do internet marketing and FB income is pretty much based on ads.

FB ads are to internet marketers what haemorrhoids are to our pleasure Dodgy .... terrible.

ROI% on FB ads is really bad compared to Adwords and the major internet marketers avoid it like the plague.
Thanks for the heads up. I have been searching for a good social media platform to buy shares from but i have yet to decide which one.
While it is true that facebook remains one of the most controversial stocks out there, but with its continuing popularity i can see it becoming a solid investment in the near future.
Facebook has settled down now at what should have been it's price at the start. I don't remember ever seeing such a new stock at a high price like that dropping so quickly. I know we get a lot of new shares launched that dip in price but Facebook was like watching a snowball roll down a hill and get bigger and bigger.

With FB now sorting out what it is going to do with mobile ads it may be worth investing now but not my money Smile
Thanks for the explanation keith. I'll be listening to your advice for sure!
Watching the ride that FB shares have taken since the IPO makes me all the more certain that DG investing is for me. Here's a company that provides a service that millions of people are addicted to and that is generating billions in revenues, but it looks like almost no actual earnings? Without earnings, and the dividends that can go along with them, it feels like nothing more than flat speculation to me. I'll just stick with my boring quarterly dividend checks! Big Grin
I would start looking into linkedin as a good option. They are on the rise and the corporate world is their main strenght.
I agree that other social media seems to be a viable option for stock. Both Linkedin and Pinterest are worth checking out for the following years.
Linkedin is picking up very fast!
Been hearing good things about bing too. You never know how well these compaies will do, but you start to get an idea of how much risk they are worth taking.
I absolutely hate everything there is about FB and I could care less if goes to $1 or $1000.

I resisted mightily getting a FB account but finally gave in and signed up a year ago. I don't get the fascination with telling everybody you're going to the grocery store or "hey look at this cute video of a kitten", it's just beyond me and I can't understand why people think this is fun and how it translates into $$$$.

I know, I know they have a gazillion users and they sell ads. So what does anybody click on that stuff? Maybe they do but I don't and if advertisers aren't getting any bang for their buck......Perhaps there's more to it than that but I'm not seeing it, nor do I care to.

Zuckerberg doesn't appear to be a guy that would give me a lot of confidence either. He's just a media hyped concoction of genius and folk hero that comes off like the deer caught in the headlights, like a scared little weenie boy that ain't got a clue. The next Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, gimme a break.

Zuckerberg also makes my Top 10 list of guys I'd like to smack on general principle; he's right up there with Richard Gere and Barney Frank.

OTOH maybe it's my old fart brain getting in the way of new age stuff I don't understand.