Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone!
I am Dividend Gamer,

I have recently started a blog, and am slowly working on developing and learning about all that this new world of online writing entails.

Currently, I am going to school for a degree in Finance.

I enjoying learning about investing, and have a passion for knowledge and life, and literature and the collected thoughts and wisdom of others.

Helping people understand their financial choices in life and how it impacts their future is one of my main driving forces within my own life and a major goal to improve upon.
(11-22-2013, 01:44 AM)Dividend Gamer Wrote: I am Dividend Gamer,

I have recently started a blog, and am slowly working on developing and learning about all that this new world of online writing entails.

Currently, I am going to school for a degree in Finance.

I enjoying learning about investing, and have a passion for knowledge and life, and literature and the collected thoughts and wisdom of others.

Helping people understand their financial choices in life and how it impacts their future is one of my main driving forces within my own life and a major goal to improve upon.

Hi Dividend Gamer -- welcome to the forum! Sometimes I wish I had studied finance. Probably a little late for me to start over now, but it took me a long time to figure out what actually interested me. Oh well. What do you plan to do with the degree?
Yes, welcome!

I assume this is the Dividend Gamer blog of which you speak?

Looks good!
TomK, presently I several ideas as to where I would want to work.

I am attending classes at a slower than normal pace, and still have at least three more years to go towards my bachelors. I have been reluctant to take on student loans, but I may just get some to finish.

I am interested in a number of different fields within finance, I wanted to work as a financial adviser for a long time when I was in between schools.
But now I think I would enjoy something that provides a team oriented structure. Similar to work I have researched that some financial analysts do. I would be very happy to work with a smaller regional investment bank, or something similar, like a hedge fund, or Private Equity firm.

There area a number of related industries that can employ people with finance degrees, and may lead to other degrees or certifications/classes. The oil/natural gas industry is experiencing a lot of growth domestically, I have started to look into that.

Also, since I am calling myself the "Dividend Gamer", there is the financial roles and jobs within the various video game companies that could provide an interesting niche.

And yes Kerim that is my blog, and thank you for posting to it!
Though I am also new here and feeling quite happy by welcoming you.

Welcome n Have a Nice time on the Board.. Cheers..
Welcome!