Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do for a living?
I think this is a very good question to ask people in a forum such as this. Mainly because it helps you evaluate the opinion of others based on their background experience and what they do for a living.

I'm a Lawyer with my own law firm. After 10 years of working for other companies i was finally able to start my own 2 years ago.
I've been a professional gambler since the late 90's, and setup a website in 2000 and a company in 2006. Far from the image of sitting on an exotic beach which is what most people think pro-gamblers do, I only actually get 2 days off a year, Good Friday and Xmas day, and even on those days I have to update the following days information on the website.

I love it though, it's a hobby not a job Smile
Wow keith that is awesome man. I'm a software developer and the money is good but the job can get stressful.
I think i might want to turn into gambling when i retire. It does sound fun, but risky too, you need to have some backup money for that. Stock is a bit of a gamble if you ask me.
I am excited there's a good mix on this forum! I am a CPA with an MBA - I used to work (briefly) for the investment banking wing of a large insurance company before logging several years doing audits and tax work at a couple regional public accounting firms. I am generally skeptical of get-rich-quick schemes, but maybe that's just because I've seen them blow up. For me, good investing is not necessarily (or even usually) glamorous or quick. Unless you happen to be lucky enough to be in the exact right place at the right time (and know it), it more often takes sound, well-informed and patient decision-making.
Consultant Project Manager specializing in the Nuclear industry. I'm a industry graybeard and so can be a good resource for Utility stock questions.
I am a Civil Engineer working mainly on road design and site planning.
I am a CPA in a public accounting firm.
Buncha damn nerds. We need a pole dancer or similar....
(08-29-2013, 08:58 PM)Ok Red Wrote: Buncha damn nerds. We need a pole dancer or similar....

Maybe KeithD can hook you up, he's probably been to Vegas a time or two =).
College proffesor- theatre.

Ronn
I am an engineer. Currently, I do industrial facility design. In the past I was an aerospace engineer. Most relevant to this forum, I have have experience with technology and strategic planning.