Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUALCOMM Inc. (QCOM)
Was looking through the stocks I own for some prospects for my next purchase and QCOM stuck out at me.

According to Fastgraphs, it has a current PE of 15.1, a 10 year earnings growth rate of 22.6% and 10 year dividend growth rate of 33.8%. Earnings are also projected to grow a 5 year rate of 15% going forward.

In the last 10 years, 2008-2009 was the only one that showed a negative growth in earnings ($1.94 to $1.48).

The yield is a bit low at just 2.0% but I think the company is a great value play, the yield is just bonus. Although with the impressive dividend growth rate you'll grow the yield on cost rather quickly. With a payout ratio of just 26% the company should be able to continue with increases greater than earnings growth rate going forward.

Thoughts?
Thoughts?

I agree with you - I added to my position last week. FastGraphs makes it look pretty good. Here's hoping...
(11-05-2013, 02:21 PM)jmjor Wrote: Thoughts?

I agree with you - I added to my position last week. FastGraphs makes it look pretty good. Here's hoping...

Earnings tomorrow, should tell us something one way or another.
Hey jmjor -- welcome to the forum!
(11-05-2013, 07:14 PM)Kerim Wrote: Hey jmjor -- welcome to the forum!

Thanks, Kerim. Always looking for good advice. And I guess Qualcomm's report wasn't well-received. Oh well, maybe a better buying opportunity will present itself soon.