Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Chip Yields
My most recent attempt for an article got rejected by SA, but I posted it to my insta-blog if anyone is interested in reading.

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/740483...ical-norms
Seems like a reasonable enough article to me. Do they provide reasons for rejection? It is certainly better than many of the articles that they permit.
(10-21-2013, 09:54 PM)Kerim Wrote: Seems like a reasonable enough article to me. Do they provide reasons for rejection? It is certainly better than many of the articles that they permit.

Thanks Kerim.

I agree, I was pretty bummed out when I got the response. I takes a long time to put together all of the information for an article, its kind of crushing to put all of the effort into it, wait 18 hours to get a response, and then find out they won't publish it. I don't understand their screening process. I realize I didn't delve into a full blown research project on each company, but I provide more information than many articles on the site do.

This was their reasoning with the response:
Thanks for the submission, but this article adds no new or original analysis on a group of highly covered stocks and their dividends. Unfortunately we will have to pass this time, but look forward to your future submissions.

Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess...
Eric there's nothing wrong with your article, pretty good in fact.

Exponentially better than "Buy <insert Blue Chip stock>, hold 20 years and get rich". Because if you bought in 1992.....blah blah blah.

Popular reads for the masses, but I'm always struck by the lack of serious discussion, challenges, etc.

The ensuing ticker tape parades get to be a bit much. Kiss me or shut up! Too much adulation for so little beef.

Don't get me wrong, there are some very good authors at SA, just not the "celebrity" writers, IMO.
(10-21-2013, 10:37 PM)EricL Wrote: This was their reasoning with the response:
Thanks for the submission, but this article adds no new or original analysis on a group of highly covered stocks and their dividends. Unfortunately we will have to pass this time, but look forward to your future submissions.

Most don't find Dividends or DG exciting, or feel it is new or news worthy. Their loss, our gain.