Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
Excited to announce an addition to our family rather than an addition to our portfolio.

My wife gave birth to our second child on Wednesday. We came home yesterday and are adjusting. Our two year old was a little jealous at first, but now likes giving hugs and kisses to "baby".
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(04-26-2014, 03:03 PM)EricL Wrote: Excited to announce an addition to our family rather than an addition to our portfolio.

My wife gave birth to our second child on Wednesday. We came home yesterday and are adjusting. Our two year old was a little jealous at first, but now likes giving hugs and kisses to "baby".

Congrat's! Hopefully you have been able to sleep a bit.
Rainbow 
    Congratulations on the new addition, Eric.    
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Congratulations on the addition to the family, now you need to get busy and make some money for the college tuition coming up in 20 years.
Nice pickup GE, owned it for quite some time.

Jimbo
(04-26-2014, 03:03 PM)EricL Wrote: Excited to announce an addition to our family rather than an addition to our portfolio.

That's awesome -- congratulations! With luck you won't be too tired in the coming weeks to write more articles and posts!
Congrats Eric!
Thanks everyone. All is well so far, mother and son are both happy and healthy.

We are all adjusting and are a little tired but couldn't be happier!
Congratulations.
Eric, Enjoy the times now, before you know it they will be grown and gone and you will only have memories.
I have 2 boys 22&24 graduating college this year and seems like a very short time ago they were just starting middle school.
Good for you.
(04-30-2014, 02:35 AM)Jimbo Wrote: Eric, Enjoy the times now, before you know it they will be grown and gone and you will only have memories.
I have 2 boys 22&24 graduating college this year and seems like a very short time ago they were just starting middle school.
Good for you.

Thanks Jimbo, I'm learning that lesson pretty quickly. Can't believe my oldest is already 2. I guess time flies when you are having fun!
Gamestop (GME) announced some really strong earnings for the first quarter yesterday and the stock is up around 5% so far in pre-market trading. The stock has a high short interest at about 27% of float, it could be an interesting day.

I'm currently down a couple of percent on my purchase. The stock is dirt cheap when looking at its cash flow and earnings. Their expansion into mobile phones and Apple stores should provide solid growth going forward as well. Their investor day presentation is well worth a look if anyone is interested in the stock.
I sold out of my position in Potash (POT) yesterday for a 10% gain an used the proceeds to initiate a position in AT&T (T) this morning.

The move boosts my yield from 3.6% to 5.2% and I believe gives me a little more S.W.A.N. about the holding. With crop prices falling hard lately, along with natural gas, I think Potash could be hurting a bit come spring based on lower selling prices for fertilizer.

I think AT&T is a great value here at a 5.2% yield and I think the Direct TV merger and new product cycle from Apple will help its growth and hopefully provide upside to the dividend payout.