Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
(06-09-2020, 10:42 AM)EricL Wrote: Here is my latest update.

Dividend Growth Digest: June 2020

Just 4% income growth for May, but I'm still well on pace for double-digit growth this year.

Do you still own SKT since they suspended the dividend?
(06-09-2020, 11:01 AM)stockguru Wrote:

Just 4% income growth for May, but I'm still well on pace for double-digit growth this year.

No, I sold on February 15th of 2019 at $21.60. Saw the business was in decline and got out with just a 14% loss.

I forgot to turn off auto dividend reinvestment before I sold, so ended up with some fractional shares that paid the $0.19 dividend.

After November it will fall off the list for my year-over-year comparison.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(06-09-2020, 11:30 AM)EricL Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 11:01 AM)stockguru Wrote:

No, I sold on February 15th of 2019 at $21.60. Saw the business was in decline and got out with just a 14% loss.

I forgot to turn off auto dividend reinvestment before I sold, so ended up with some fractional shares that paid the $0.19 dividend.

After November it will fall off the list for my year-over-year comparison.

Got ya. I didn't think you would hold that if your sold CBRL. BTW CBRL on a big run!
CBRL has been a traders favorite well before Covid. Pretty crazy you can day or swing trade around a core position in a mature slow growth restaurant. It's not as much fun with the dividend gone for a good while. I think CBRL is worth about 100 with no dividend. We'll see where it lands.
The Dividend Growth Digest for July was posted this morning. My quarterly income was up 26.7% for Q2 and is up 14.3% so far this year.

Dividend Growth Digest: July 2020
Enjoyable read as always. Pleased to see you are exceeding your 10%+ income growth goal. My port has as well, but it has sure been more complicated to manage this year. It's tough to know when it's time to run away fast or maybe just trim a Div cutter, or a tech stock that is running far ahead of fundamentals. I think your decisions have been sound, whether it looks that way immediately or not. Let's hope the Div cuts are over, but I suspect we may have to manage a surprise now and then going forward.
Only six weeks late getting this one out, but better late than never right?

DGI For The DIY: Q2 2020 Dividend Portfolio Update

Was another good quarter as the portfolio recovered from March's big hit and dividend income continued moving higher.
A bit shorter post this month with getting it out late, but here's my August update on the blog:

Dividend Growth Digest: August 2020
Enjoy the journey Eric!

All the hard work and due diligence pays off, and then in time you get to a certain spot that it REALLY pays off. Most investors accumulate their biggest gains (wealth accumulation) within their last 5 or 6 years of employment--money makes money. It was difficult at times and took a steady hand not to deviate from the financial plan but I've been crunching the numbers a lot lately and it's come to the realization that even though I plan on retiring in 10 to 13 years from now that I can theoretically retire in 3 years. But I'll be too young and I still enjoy my job so I'll keep on truckin' along. Of course, maybe in 3 years I'll say screw it lol.
(09-12-2020, 11:20 AM)rayray Wrote: Enjoy the journey Eric!

All the hard work and due diligence pays off, and then in time you get to a certain spot that it REALLY pays off. Most investors accumulate their biggest gains (wealth accumulation) within their last 5 or 6 years of employment--money makes money. It was difficult at times and took a steady hand not to deviate from the financial plan but I've been crunching the numbers a lot lately and it's come to the realization that even though I plan on retiring in 10 to 13 years from now that I can theoretically retire in 3 years. But I'll be too young and I still enjoy my job so I'll keep on truckin' along. Of course, maybe in 3 years I'll say screw it lol.

I'm now getting to the point where compounding is starting to take effect. The portfolio is knocking the door on $100k, and you can tell the dividend reinvestment is adding income quicker all the time. Also finding in general that net worth is growing quicker too as our other investments grow.

We just refinanced the house, dropped to a 20-year mortgage and took some equity out to pay off nearly all of our debt. Cash flows are much better as two of our three kids are now in school and we drop daycare payments. Looking forward to get the ROTH contributions going again and building that up as well.

Time definitely goes fast, seems like I just turned 40 yesterday, and suddenly I'm 42 already!
September's issue of Dividend Growth Digest, highlighting my income progress for the month, recent dividend increases, and my predictions for upcoming dividend growth announcements for Microsoft, Lockheed Martin, and McDonald's.

Dividend Growth Digest: September 2020
Dividend Growth Digest: October 2020

It was another good month, as income grew by 11.8% over 2019's total. The article provides a review of recent dividend increase announcements, and my gives my predictions on upcoming dividend increases from Visa and AbbVie.