Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
(04-02-2020, 12:02 PM)chascornell Wrote: How does everyone buy shares for free? On E*TRADE they charge me 7 bucks a trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fidelity and Charles Schwab both offer free trades.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Is it possible to transfer all holdings to a different firm without selling everything and cashing out?

(04-02-2020, 01:07 PM)chascornell Wrote: Is it possible to transfer all holdings to a different firm without selling everything and cashing out?

Yes, I believe you should be able to do a transfer of assets without selling anything.
(04-02-2020, 01:07 PM)chascornell Wrote: Is it possible to transfer all holdings to a different firm without selling everything and cashing out?

Yes, it is called a transfer "in kind"
(04-02-2020, 01:21 PM)MikeWa Wrote:

Yes, it is called a transfer "in kind"

And when you call they'll suddenly have a super good deal for you if you'll stay.  It's too much like TV and phone contracts.
I was a week late getting this one out, but I got it done!

Dividend Growth Digest: April 2020
Good update. Looks like you are hanging in there with the income. This may be your most challenging year for a long time. I think you'll be mostly out of the woods on potential dividend cuts in the next 60 days. You can make another trade or two, but no self-respecting DGI guy wants to disrupt his yield on cost by starting over lol. Smile

Now on to more important things. GO TWINS!!!! Baseball is my sport. I had accommodations booked for home opening weekend. Not many things I look more forward to than sitting in Target Field watching the Bomba Squad. They are so much fun to watch with all that pop in their bats. I am hoping against hope they can salvage over half of the season. Some games in AZ would be better than nothing, but it won't be the same.
(04-03-2020, 12:18 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:37 AM)Otter Wrote: Just bought some 7/17/20 USO 5.50 Puts. Will sell on the first down leg for oil, as this recent 38.5% run up in just a few days seems a tiny bit overdone.

I may blindly follow you.  There is nothing at all rational about the move up.  Demand outlook has changed exactly zero and that will matter soon enough.

(04-08-2020, 10:04 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Good update. Looks like you are hanging in there with the income. This may be your most challenging yer for a long time. I think you'll be mostly out of the woods on potential dividend cuts in the next 60 days. You can make another trade or two, but no self-respecting DGI guy wants to disrupt his yield on cost by starting over lol. Smile

Now on to more important things. GO TWINS!!!! Baseball is my sport. I had accommodations booked for home opening weekend. Not many things I look more forward to than sitting in Target Field watching the Bomba Squad. They are so much fun to watch with all that pop in their bats. I am hoping against hope they can salvage over half of the season. Some games in AZ would be better than nothing, but it won't be the same.

I hear ya on the Bomba Squad. It was such a great off-season, and this team was looking special. It would be such a shame if there is no season when for the first time in a long time, the Twins are legit WS contenders.
(04-08-2020, 10:08 AM)EricL Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 12:18 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:37 AM)Otter Wrote: Just bought some 7/17/20 USO 5.50 Puts. Will sell on the first down leg for oil, as this recent 38.5% run up in just a few days seems a tiny bit overdone.

I may blindly follow you.  There is nothing at all rational about the move up.  Demand outlook has changed exactly zero and that will matter soon enough.

(04-08-2020, 10:04 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Good update.  Looks like you are hanging in there with the income.  This may be your most challenging yer for a long time.  I think you'll be mostly out of the woods on potential dividend cuts in the next 60 days.  You can make another trade or two, but no self-respecting DGI guy wants to disrupt his yield on cost by starting over lol.  Smile  

Now on to more important things.  GO TWINS!!!!  Baseball is my sport.  I had accommodations booked for home opening weekend.  Not many things I look more forward to than sitting in Target Field watching the Bomba Squad.  They are so much fun to watch with all that pop in their bats.  I am hoping against hope they can salvage over half of the season.  Some games in AZ would be better than nothing, but it won't be the same.

I hear ya on the Bomba Squad. It was such a great off-season, and this team was looking special. It would be such a shame if there is no season when for the first time in a long time, the Twins are legit WS contenders.
You messed up telling me you are a Twins fan.  Now I have to fight to not take all your posts off-topic lol.  My wife and I will be doing our part to stimulate the Minnesota economy when it's a little safer.  I think the last half of the season still happens.  If you disagree please keep those thoughts to yourself lol.
Been a Twins fan my whole life. Remember listening to Herb and John on the radio at night calling games as I went to bed.

Never knew how lucky I was as a kid in '87 and '91!
(04-08-2020, 01:09 PM)EricL Wrote: Been a Twins fan my whole life. Remember listening to Herb and John on the radio at night calling games as I went to bed.

Never knew how lucky I was as a kid in '87 and '91!
I was a Reds fan as a boy.  I lived so far away and eventually had to find a closer team to love.  I was lucky as well.  My mother took me to Wrigley to see Reds-Cubs games.  I got to see Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez.  Some memorable Cubs as well like Fergie Jenkins, Bruce Sutter, Harry Caray of course.  Raised my daughter on Mauer, Morneau, Hunter,Santans, Liriano.

My sisters bro-inlaw was the pitching coach for the Diamondbacks, Angels, D-Rays until about a year ago.  He was a relief pitcher for the Angels for about four seasons.  Pitched against that '91 Twins team actually.  He coached with Joe Maddon for a decade in the Angel's minor league system.  That's how he got his MLB chance.    

I've always loved baseball.
My quarterly portfolio update was published on Seeking Alpha earlier today.

Saw a 19.1% drop in portfolio value since year's end, but dividend income increased by 11.8% over Q4 and by 9.6% over Q1 of 2019.

DGI For The DIY: Q1 2020 Dividend Portfolio Update

Had some discussion at the end about a few trades I'm considering.

Enjoy!