Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
My Q1 portfolio update was posted on Seeking Alpha this afternoon. It was a good quarter in Q1 as the portfolio saw 12.4% YoY income growth and hit a new all-time high valuation. I also discussed in a little more depth the trades I made back in February.

DGI For The DIY: Q1 2019 Portfolio Update

Enjoy!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I'm late getting it out, but at least it got finished before the end of the 3rd quarter! =)

Here is my Q2 portfolio update. More dividend increases, and another all-time high portfolio value!

DGI For The DIY: Q2 2019 Portfolio Update
Congrats Eric, I always enjoy your updates.
(09-19-2019, 09:48 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Congrats Eric, I always enjoy your updates.

Thanks!
Here is my latest portfolio update.

New all-time highs for income and valuation, and looking good in Q4 as well.

DGI For The DIY: Q3 2019 Portfolio Update
Finally got a new post up on my website!

Dividend Growth Digest: November 2019
Latest blog post showing the annual dividend income growth for every position in my portfolio, recent dividend increases, and why I picked Bristol-Myers Squibb as my top pick for 2020.

Dividend Growth Digest: January, 2020
Your annual total port 10% income growth is going to be next to impossible to sustain without new money. That requires most of your port growing earnings, or at least FCF near there. You know that of course. You may have to cash out the rest of your APPL and buy some SIX. Just kidding, I don't want you to take anymore beatings on SA lol, but you may have to meddle some to keep it going. Even if you dial back the goal a bit you still have a winning port long-term. That's all that really matters. Even something as modest as "double the annual rate of inflation" would result in a port very much worth owning.
(01-12-2020, 01:45 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Your annual total port 10% income growth is going to be next to impossible to sustain without new money.  That requires most of your port growing earnings, or at least FCF near there.  You know that of course.  You may have to cash out the rest of your APPL and buy some SIX.  Just kidding, I don't want you to take anymore beatings on SA lol, but you may have to meddle some to keep it going.  Even if you dial back the goal a bit you still have a winning port long-term.   That's all that really matters.  Even something as modest as "double the annual rate of inflation" would result in a port very much worth owning.

Yeah, it won't be easy, but with a portfolio yield of 3% and reinvestment of dividends, I actually need just a 7% dividend growth rate to meet the 10% income growth goal.

I made some moves early last year that cut my yield a bit, but moved money into higher growth companies.

That was part of the reason for the AAPL and MSFT trim too, as that doubled my income on the capital.

And no, I won't be buying SIX anytime soon =)
(01-12-2020, 05:54 PM)EricL Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 01:45 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Your annual total port 10% income growth is going to be next to impossible to sustain without new money.  That requires most of your port growing earnings, or at least FCF near there.  You know that of course.  You may have to cash out the rest of your APPL and buy some SIX.  Just kidding, I don't want you to take anymore beatings on SA lol, but you may have to meddle some to keep it going.  Even if you dial back the goal a bit you still have a winning port long-term.   That's all that really matters.  Even something as modest as "double the annual rate of inflation" would result in a port very much worth owning.

Yeah, it won't be easy, but with a portfolio yield of 3% and reinvestment of dividends, I actually need just a 7% dividend growth rate to meet the 10% income growth goal.

I made some moves early last year that cut my yield a bit, but moved money into higher growth companies.

That was part of the reason for the AAPL and MSFT trim too, as that doubled my income on the capital.

And no, I won't be buying SIX anytime soon =)
Not sure that math checks, but if you get 7% div growth across the entire port, year after year, you are doing just fine.
My annual portfolio update on Seeking Alpha, showing how I grew income by 10% and portfolio valuation by nearly 28% in 2019.

DGI For The DIY: 2019 Dividend Portfolio Review
My latest blog post on DGI For The DIY:

Dividend Growth Digest: February 2020