Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
(10-20-2017, 11:39 PM)EricL Wrote: The Visa increase was great, can't wait to see what ABBV and SBUX have in store for increases next!

When is the SBUX increase typically?  I've never owned SBUX and have always wondering if/when I should start buying it.
(10-23-2017, 09:40 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 11:39 PM)EricL Wrote: The Visa increase was great, can't wait to see what ABBV and SBUX have in store for increases next!

When is the SBUX increase typically?  I've never owned SBUX and have always wondering if/when I should start buying it.

I have a table showing recent increases in my article: http://dgiforthediy.com/2017/10/09/5-div...r-october/

Last few years have either been last week in October or first week in November.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(10-24-2017, 11:28 PM)EricL Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 09:40 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: When is the SBUX increase typically?  I've never owned SBUX and have always wondering if/when I should start buying it.

I have a table showing recent increases in my article: http://dgiforthediy.com/2017/10/09/5-div...r-october/

Last few years have either been last week in October or first week in November.
Great, thanks!
Late getting this one out, but did make it before October ended!

September Update: Squirreling Away 10% Higher Dividends
(10-31-2017, 03:01 PM)EricL Wrote: Late getting this one out, but did make it before October ended!

Great job Eric.  Keep it up and congrats in advance on the 2k dividend income!
(10-31-2017, 09:51 PM)RyanCMason Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 03:01 PM)EricL Wrote: Late getting this one out, but did make it before October ended!

Great job Eric.  Keep it up and congrats in advance on the 2k dividend income!

Thanks Ryan!
Great job on the article and of course your website. Very Impressive Eric!
(11-01-2017, 06:07 AM)NilesMike Wrote: Great job on the article and of course your website. Very Impressive Eric!

Thanks NilesMike!
Was a little quicker getting this one out!

Here is my October portfolio update:

How I Grew My October Dividend Income By 19.9%

I also recently added a portfolio tracker spreadsheet at the bottom of my Dividend Resources page for people to copy if they'd like. It's similar to the one I use myself.

Enjoy!
(11-10-2017, 09:06 AM)EricL Wrote: Was a little quicker getting this one out!

I also recently added a portfolio tracker spreadsheet at the bottom of my Dividend Resources page for people to copy if they'd like. It's similar to the one I use myself.

Enjoy!

Great read.  I hope the employment change works out okay.  I'm not familiar with Watsco, so I'll have to look into that one.
(11-14-2017, 08:01 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:

Enjoy!

Great read.  I hope the employment change works out okay.  I'm not familiar with Watsco, so I'll have to look into that one.

Thanks. The new job has been working out just fine. It is a bigger company so the benefits are a bit better, and both of my bosses who were owners of the previous company stayed on as well, so the work environment is pretty much the same as it has been.

I don't know that I've ever seen WSO in another DGI portfolio on Seeking Alpha, but it's been an excellent stock for me. It's put up 18% annualized returns over the last 15 years, and nearly 20% over the last 5.

People see the dividend cut in 2013 and think it was a bad thing, but WSO paid out a huge special dividend at the end of 2012 because of fears of tax changes on dividends. I think that was the same time as the government shut-down and sequester. Company has raised it quite aggressively since then and maintains a high payout ratio.
(11-14-2017, 11:28 PM)EricL Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 08:01 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:

Enjoy!

Thanks. The new job has been working out just fine. It is a bigger company so the benefits are a bit better, and both of my bosses who were owners of the previous company stayed on as well, so the work environment is pretty much the same as it has been.

I don't know that I've ever seen WSO in another DGI portfolio on Seeking Alpha, but it's been an excellent stock for me. It's put up 18% annualized returns over the last 15 years, and nearly 20% over the last 5.

People see the dividend cut in 2013 and think it was a bad thing, but WSO paid out a huge special dividend at the end of 2012 because of fears of tax changes on dividends. I think that was the same time as the government shut-down and sequester. Company has raised it quite aggressively since then and maintains a high payout ratio.

Thanks for the 30 second summary.  I notice that it's a Near-Challenger (CCC list).  I'm adding it to my watchlist.