Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
401k Portfolio
(03-10-2017, 10:35 AM)EricL Wrote: Here is a little write-up I did about some recent dividend increase announcements in my portfolio. 

As always, comments/feedback/questions are welcome. 

5 New Dividend Boosts Have Me All Smiles!

Thanks, have a great weekend!

Good article.  I like these kinds of articles, where expectations are compared with actual results.  Maybe this could evolve into a monthly update of expected dividend increases.  I know that David Fish puts out something similar on SA, but this is a different dividend resource, so it would have a different audience that could benefit from that.
(03-14-2017, 10:10 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 10:35 AM)EricL Wrote: Here is a little write-up I did about some recent dividend increase announcements in my portfolio. 

As always, comments/feedback/questions are welcome. 

5 New Dividend Boosts Have Me All Smiles!

Thanks, have a great weekend!

Good article.  I like these kinds of articles, where expectations are compared with actual results.  Maybe this could evolve into a monthly update of expected dividend increases.  I know that David Fish puts out something similar on SA, but this is a different dividend resource, so it would have a different audience that could benefit from that.

Thanks, it was kind of a fun one to do. I'm working on the final update for it and comparing the 11 increases with my guesses.

Haven't decided if I will do it every month though, as I am working on getting updates put out for some more of my sector based watch lists (Discretionary and Healthcare).

So many things to write, so little time!
My Blog: DGIfortheDIY.com
Seeking Alpha Author Page 
Here is a blog post I wrote about my recent purchase of Nike.

I "Just Did It" And Finally Made The Nike Plunge

Enjoy!
(03-26-2017, 11:39 AM)EricL Wrote: Here is a blog post I wrote about my recent purchase of Nike.

I "Just Did It" And Finally Made The Nike Plunge

Enjoy!

Great article, and I've owned NKE for a few years.  It's in the "growth" portion of my portfolio, along with DIS, V, etc.  Low yielders, sure, but the DGI and capital appreciation is great.
(03-29-2017, 09:15 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Great article, and I've owned NKE for a few years.  It's in the "growth" portion of my portfolio, along with DIS, V, etc.  Low yielders, sure, but the DGI and capital appreciation is great.

Thanks. I've been making a concerted effort of late to add more growth to my portfolio. I have most of my higher yielding positions filled out and I'll let them compound away, but with another 25 years to go I think its worth getting more of the double-digit growers into the mix. Some examples from the last year or so are BDX, CVS, LOW, NKE and I've also added BA, COR, DG, EXR, FB, HD, and VFC in another portfolio I own.

Still looking at potential future adds in companies like MA, TSCO, HRL, NEE, UNH, AOS, BLK, HAS, AWK and DIS.
(03-29-2017, 09:44 AM)EricL Wrote: I have most of my higher yielding positions filled out and I'll let them compound away, but with another 25 years to go I think its worth getting more of the double-digit growers into the mix.

That's exactly my plan.  At some point, I'll shift pooled dividends into higher yielders (3-5%, nothing crazy).
New article on Seeking Alpha highlighting my dividend growth predictions for the portfolio for April.

5 Dividend Growth Predictions For April 2017
Good article, and this should be a great month for DGI'ers. Of the 5 main ones you identified, I own all but AAPL. I've always thought about jumping in but never have. I'm always scared that one bad product or shifting fads will crush them like Nokia, Blackberry, etc. Anyone have thoughts on AAPL?
My dividend income in the first quarter was up 26.6% over last year.

Here is my quarterly portfolio update looking at the numbers:

DGI For The DIY: Q1 2017 Review

Enjoy!